Slippery Rock University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, Slippery Rock University SRU offers 150 programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. In addition, students can take a variety of minors, concentrations, and certificates that allow them to tailor their academic experience to meet their career goals. Certificates are also available to non-degree students seeking additional career preparation.
Is Slippery Rock University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Slippery Rock University is 74%. For every 100 applicants, 74 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Slippery Rock University a good school?
Slippery Rock University is a good school that is characterized by a commitment to advancing students’ intellectual development and civic responsibility. Students are provided with a comprehensive education that combines academic instruction with enhanced hands-on learning experiences.
What is Slippery Rock University known for?
Slippery Rock University is known for its many accolades from a wide range of national publications. These recognitions include a rising rank in U.S. News & World Report, a listing in the 2016 Princeton Review, a rating as “A Best Value Institution” by Money magazine and recognition as a “2016-2017 College of Distinction.” Additionally, it has been applauded by The Chronicle of Higher Education six times as a “Great College to Work For.” Its efforts in sustainability have been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education among others.
Is Slippery Rock University a party school?
Yes, Slippery Rock University is a party school.
What major is Slippery Rock University known for?
- Occupational safety and health technology/technician
- Public health
- Health and wellness
- Special education and teaching
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Business administration and management
- Computer and information sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Therapeutic recreation/recreational therapy
- English language and literature
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- Homeland security
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Geology/earth science
- Political science and government
- Athletic training/trainer
- Information science/studies
- Securities services administration/management
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Art/art studies
- Music performance
- Petroleum engineering
- Spanish language and literature
- Music therapy/therapist
- Information technology
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- English/language arts teacher education
- Industrial engineering
- French language and literature