Korea is inviting candidates from 50 countries for her Global Korea Scholarship designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship in 2010, the name is changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship).
Eligible Countries for Global Korea Scholarship
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brunei, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Congo(DRC), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Ghana, Guatemala, Iran,
Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Rwanda, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Uruguay, Venezuela, Yemen
- (Bachelor‟s Degree) A total of 5 years (1 year of Korean language program + 4 years of Undergraduate degree)
- (Associate degree) A total of 3 or 4 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2~3 years of Associate degree)
- All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program‟s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of
another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document
that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996)
GPA: Grade Point Average, CGPA: Cumulative (overall) Grade Point Average
- All applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their respective universities:
- Bachelor‟s Degree Applicant: 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one‟s class
- Associate Degree Applicant: 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one‟s class
- If an applicant has a CGPA below the minimum grade requirement, the applicant will be disqualified and application will be disregarded.
- If an applicant holds a transcript that does not include information on grade point average or is unable to convert his or her grades into any one of the GPA criteria mentioned above, then the applicant must submit an official document issued by the applicant‟s university describing the university‟s grade system.
For more information check here