Top Most Controversial Debate Topics For Student and Teachers
In the previous article, we listed good debate topics now we want to list out some of the most controversial debate topics for students and debaters. As you know, a debate is a formal discussion about a topic in which, the debaters from two different sides present opposing viewpoints. Controversial debate topics are topics that give rise to controversy or public disagreement.
Debates follow a specific sequential structure in which, each side of the debaters is given the opportunity to speak or give each other’s opinions for or against the topic at hand.
Debating helps in improving students speaking skills. As a debater, you stand the chance to learn how to clearly structure and present arguments. The skills you acquire as a debater will help you with everything from a school admissions interview to a job presentation.
Controversial debate topics are some of the best debate topics that attract a lot of points of argument and choosing an interesting debate topic is one of the most important parts of a debate.
This is the list of best controversial debate topics
- Gay marriage Should be legalized
- Women should be treated equally with men in the workplace
- You can’t have a happy family life and a successful career at the same time
- Marriage is an outdated institution
- Citizens should be allowed to carry guns
- The death penalty should be implemented for some offences
- Foreigners shouldn’t be allowed to vote
- Sex education should be taught to female children under 12 years
- Women should not be paid the same as at the workplace
- Bribery should be acceptable
- Music with violence words should be banned
- Condoms should be distributed at secondary schools.
- Nuclear weapons should be allowed
- Teachers should carry guns
- Beauty contests should be banned
- Cosmetic surgery should be banned
- Military service should be abolished
- War is an option for solving some disputes
- Torture should be used on culprits
- Access to the internet should be limited by age.
- Smoking should be banned
- Single-sex schools should stop
- Homework is harmful to students
- An examination is the true test of knowledge
- A woman belongs to the kitchen
- Married Women should not be allowed for employments
- Food is the secret to a man’s heart
- Married couples can still keep secret relationships outside their marriage.
- Some hard drugs should be legalized.
- Soft drugs should be legalized.
- Unmarried people are happier than Married ones
- The police force is racist, so should be abolished
- Democracy must be imposed on nations
- Race affects intelligence
- Brith Rate should be checked by Government
- The world is overpopulated, so steps should be taken to reduce population
- Euthanasia should be legal
- Cloning is a valuable scientific cause
- Obesity is natural
- Video games are violence
- Kids should be allowed to a certain quantity of alcohol
- Hard Drugs should be allowed in sports
- Climate change does not exist
- Carbohydrates are more damaging than fats
- Terrorism can be justified
- Prostitution should be made legal
- Prisoners should be allowed to vote
- Prisoners should be allowed to pay money for their bails
- Crime can be justified
- Coming from different races is the cause of human hatreds
- Citizens should be restricted from travelling out of their country for a lifetime.
- Pharmacists should not be allowed to prescribe medicines.
- Animal Doctoring should be banned.
- Public speaking boosts the confidence of students.
- Children are not supposed to play video games.
- Children should not be allowed to use gadgets.
- People should be fined according to their income.
- Police should be allowed to use lethal force.
- Men are stronger than women.
- Which one is better? Eat to live or live to eat?
How to be a good debater on controversial debate topics
- Maintain proper posture: you can use your hands and gestures while expressing thoughts. Your natural gestures and posture express how much confidence you have.
- Be audible in Speaking: In controversial debate topics, speaking loudly and clear will help the moderators to hear your points of argument and will also tell how well prepared you are for the debate. So make sure you strive to present Clear and audible argumentation.
- Maintain eye contact: This will help you to be more focused without shying away. So you don’t have to look at your teacher or somewhere in the distance at all times. But Instead, maintain eye contact with opponents.
- Be very calm: In controversial debate topics, you must get nervous, even if you’ve forgotten some key point. Restate your main argument and start again. Don’t rush in stating your arguments. Take your time and make your points heard so that they can be taken note of.
- Controversial debate topics require a great deal of concentration. Concentrate on your statement, don’t switch ideas that make you or your opponents lose track of the argument. Let your argument be unique and key to the subject of argument.
- Maintain order: Present your arguments in an orderly fashion, just as you planned during preparations. And let your argument be formal.
- Take Chance: The secret of winning controversial debate topics is to listen to your opponents when they are presenting their ideas, and write down their major arguments so you can oppose them on their key argument. This should only be done constructive and should be base on your ability. If you can afford to do this, then I will recommend you don’t try it to avoid conflicting with your already crammed facts and arguments.
- Be very polite: Avoid yelling, particularly for silencing opponents.
Those were the best controversial debate topics that are very interesting and attract a lot of points of argument. Choosing a good and interesting debate topic is one of the most important parts of a debate. So always choose a good topic for your debates.