Last updated on June 30, 2020 by The Counselor
If you are a student seeking admission to study English and Literary Studies, I want to assume you already know the requirements to study English and Literary Studies and you have also read through the list of courses under English and Literary Studies.
Nevertheless, this information is not enough to make you want to study English and Literary Studies. It is will be wise for you to also consider English and Literary Studies careers; where can an English and Literary Studies graduate work in Nigeria?
Believe me, you are doing the right thing for searching what job opportunities in English and Literary Studies because there are so many courses in the University with little or no good job opportunities or a good career choice. Notwithstanding, I’m not ignorant of the fact that you may end up on a different career entirely different from your English and Literary Studies degree.
These are the top job opportunities for English and Literary Studies graduates:
- Broadcast Journalist
- Flight Attendants
- Tour Guide
- Copywriter – Advertising, PR Agencies
- Editor/Editorial Assistant – Print, Online Media Etc
- Information Officer – NGO, Government Agencies, Business Organisations
- Journalist – Print, Online, Radio, TV Media
- Lexicographer – Printing, Publishing Etc
- Records Manager – Archives, Museums, Publishing
- Teacher – Primary, Secondary School
- Writer/Author – Writer, Blogger, Playwriting, Fiction Writing, Poetry, Feature Writing Etc
English and Literary Studies have more various job opportunities with diverse subjects, depending upon the specialization and interest of the student. Not satisfied? take a look at English and Literary Studies-related courses hereFollow Fatherprada on Facebook for Guides