Is Community Health and Preventive Medicine a good major?
Yes, Community Health is a good major for those who want to promote the physical and mental well-being of the people in a specific geographic region. This degree is not suitable for everyone. This major helps community members maintain and improve their health, prevent the spread of infectious diseases, and prepare for natural disasters. Working at the community level promotes healthy living, helps prevent chronic diseases, and brings the greatest health benefits to the greatest number of people in need
Is Community Health a hard major?
No. Community Health is not a hard major. However, dedication and talent are seriously needed. Classes involve advanced studies in mathematics (statistics, graphical presentation, GIS, and calculus of course), a fair amount of critical thinking coursework, and some medical coursework. You don’t need to be a doctor or nurse, but at least epidemiology, radiological fundamentals, and certainly positively chemistry.
Community Health major salary
Community Health is a good major in the United States with a limited number of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any Community Health jobs. Your salary also depends on if you’re working in the private or public sector. The national average salary for a Community Health major in the U.S. is $,
Some classes Community Health majors may likely take:
- Nutrition for Public Health Professionals.
- Assessing, Promoting and Improving Community Health.
- Evidence-Informed Community Health Interventions.
- Public Health Policy and Advocacy.
- Qualitative Methods in Public Health.
- Research Methods in Community Health.
- Survey Planning and Design.
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Communications, Mass Media and Public Health.
- The Epidemiology of Pediatric Diseases.
- Health and Aging.
- Family Perspectives on Disability.
- Critical Issues in Long Term Care Policy.
- Management and Analysis of Qualitative Data.
- Public Health Approaches with Adolescents and Young Adults.
- Reproductive and Perinatal Health.
- Public Health Approaches to Maternal and Child Nutrition.
- Readings in Reproductive and Perinatal Epidemiology.
- Community Integration in Developmental Disabilities.
- Community Organizing for Health.
- Health Behavior Interventions.
What other majors are related to Community Health?
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling
- Community Organization and Advocacy
- Community Psychology
- Public Health
- Public Health Education and Promotion
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
|Estimated number of student
|Colleges with Community Health Majors
|40+ hereSee schools