Is Criminal Justice a good major?
Yes, Criminal Justice is a good major for those who desire to make an impact in the lives of others. Many individuals choose to study criminal justice because they want to make a difference. Within criminal justice, you can work with victims of crime, assist in solving crimes, or help prevent crime in your community.
Criminal Justice prepares individuals to apply theories and practices of criminal justice to structuring, managing, directing, and controlling criminal justice agencies, including police departments, sheriff’s departments, law enforcement divisions and units, and private protective services.
Is Criminal Justice a hard major?
Yes. Criminal Justice is a hard major. It is not science or math-intensive. The difficulty of a criminal justice degree program often depends on what you’re studying. Some concentrations may be harder than others. Some more complex subjects may include law, forensics, cybersecurity, and public policy. Notwithstanding, this major still requires a sharp mind, though, as it often requires a fair share of reading, writing, researching, and even debating.
Criminal Justice major salary
Criminal Justice is a good major in the United States with an unlimited number of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any Criminal Justice job. Your salary also depends on if you’re working in the private or public sector. The national average salary for a Criminal Justice major in the U.S. is $66,729
Some classes Criminal Justice majors may likely take:
- Foundations of the Criminal Justice System
- Research Methods in Criminology
- Constitutional and Criminal Law
- Policing and Police Work
- Race, Diversity, and Social Issues in Criminal Justice
- Introduction to Forensics
- Probation and Parole
- Organized Crime
- Psychological Perspectives on Criminal Behavior
- Foundations of Criminal Justice Systems
- Theories of Crime Causation
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Introduction to American Court System
- Foundations of Corrections
What other majors are related to Criminal Justice?
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Corrections Administration
- Corrections and Criminal Justice
|Estimated number of student
|Colleges with Criminal Justice Majors
|100+ hereSee schools