Is Human Computer Interaction a good major?
Yes, Human Computer Interaction is a good major for those who enjoy working with computers, and who are interested in designing human-focused systems, networks, or software. HCI degree gives you a wide range of career options and equips you with many of the skills you need to enter a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Human-computer interaction (HCI) is a multidisciplinary field of study focusing on the design of computer technology and, in particular, the interaction between humans (the users) and computers. While initially concerned with computers, HCI has since expanded to cover almost all forms of information technology design.
Human Computer Interaction major salary
Human Computer Interaction is a good major in the United States with an unlimited number of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any Human Computer Interaction job. Your salary also depends on if you’re working in the private or public sector. The national average salary for a Human Computer Interaction major in the U.S. is $91,000
Some classes Human Computer Interaction majors may likely take:
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Cognitive Science.
- Design of Educational Games
- Digital Service Innovation
- Game Design Studio
- Statistics & Data Science Methods
- Communication Design.
- Computer Science.
- Information Science.
- Organizational and Social Psychology.
- Design of AI Products and Services
- Animation Art and Technology
- Computer Graphics
- Technical Animation
- Computer Game Programming
- Cognitive Robotics: The Future of Robot Toys
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Machine Learning and Sensing
- Web Application Development
What other majors are related to Human Computer Interaction?
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machinist Technology/Cnc Machinist
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications
- Computer Programming/Programmer
- Computer Science
- Computer Software and Media Applications
- Computer Software Technology/Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
|Estimated number of student||Nil|
|Colleges with Human Computer Interaction Majors||3+ hereSee schools|