Birmingham-Southern College majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Birmingham-Southern College prepares students for lives of significance. The College fosters intellectual and personal development through excellence in teaching and scholarship and by challenging students to engage their community and the greater world, to examine diverse perspectives, and live with integrity. A residential, baccalaureate liberal arts institution, Birmingham-Southern honors its Methodist heritage of informed inquiry and meaningful service.
Is Birmingham-Southern College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Birmingham-Southern College is 60%. For every 100 applicants, 60 are admitted. This means the school is selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Birmingham-Southern College’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Birmingham-Southern College a good school?
Birmingham-Southern College is a good school that fosters intellectual and personal development through excellence in teaching and scholarship and by challenging students to engage their community and the greater world, to examine diverse perspectives, and to live with integrity
What is Birmingham-Southern College known for?
Birmingham-Southern College is known for being a small liberal arts college, frequently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the nation, as well as achieving national attention from the Princeton Review, and being named one of the Colleges That Change Lives
Is Birmingham-Southern College a party school?
Yes. Birmingham-Southern College is a party school.
The followings are popular majors at Birmingham-Southern College:
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Political science and government
- Teacher education, multiple levels
- Religion/religious studies
- Communication and media studies
- Fine/studio arts
- Computer and information sciences, other
- English language and literature
- Musical theatre
- Spanish language and literature
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Environmental studies
- Pre, engineering
- Financial mathematics
- Social sciences
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Architecture and related services
- Asian studies/civilization