Prairie State College programs and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the United State, Prairie State College is a 2-year community college serving Chicago’s south suburbs by offering programs in five academic departments as well as an honors program. Students in Prairie State’s Dental Hygiene program assist in operating a clinic on campus that is open to the public.
Is Prairie State College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Prairie State College is 100%. For every 100 applicants, 100 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Prairie State College’s requirements.
Is Prairie State College a good school?
Yes, Prairie State College is a good school that fosters collaborative relationships that empower students to achieve their education and career goals. The college embraces its diversity, nurtures life-long learning, and supports community and economic development.
What is Prairie State College known for?
Prairie State College is known for providing numerous services beyond the classroom for its diverse student population including an All Latin Alliance and Male Success Initiative for students of color.
What is Prairie State College accredited?
Yes, Prairie State College is a real college accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
The followings are popular programs at Prairie State College:
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- General Studies
- Biological and physical sciences
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Information technology
- Surgical technology/technologist
- Graphic communications
- Fine/studio arts
- Recording arts technology/technician
- Electrical, electronic and communications engineering technology/technician
- Manufacturing engineering technology/technician
- Child care provider/assistant
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Fire science/fire-fighting
- Business administration and management
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical technology/technician
- Criminal justice/police science
- Industrial mechanics and maintenance technology
- Commercial photography
- Accounting and business/management