Alcorn State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Alcorn State University, a public, coeducational institution of higher learning near Lorman, Mississippi, U.S. It is a land-grant university consisting of schools of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Psychology, Nursing, and Agriculture and Applied Sciences. The university’s School of Nursing is located in Natchez. In addition to undergraduate studies, Alcorn State offers several master’s degree programs and a specialist degree in elementary education. The student population is predominantly African American; total enrollment exceeds 3,000.
Is Alcorn State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Alcorn State University is 38%. For every 100 applicants, 38 are admitted. This means the school is highly selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Alcorn State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Alcorn State University a good school?
Alcorn State University is a good school that has continued to offer students engaging, transformative learning and living environment, empowering them to become globally competitive, socially and environmentally sensitive, and technologically competent leaders.
What is Alcorn State University known for?
Alcorn State University is known for its focus on intellectual development and lifelong learning through the integration of diverse pedagogies, applied and basic research, cultural and professional programs, public service, and outreach, while providing access to globally competitive academic and research programs.
Is Alcorn State University a party school?
Yes, Alcorn State University is a party school.
What major is Alcorn State University known for?
- Biology/biological sciences
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Business administration and management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Mass communication/media studies
- Military technologies and applied sciences
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Social work
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Computer and information sciences
- Agricultural business and management
- System, networking, and lan/wan management/manager
- Child development
- English language and literature
- Political science and government
- Parks, recreation and leisure studies
- Agricultural economics
- Music performance
- Robotics technology/technician
- Elementary education and teaching
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies