Delaware State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Delaware State University has a long and proud history as one of America’s premier Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), yet offers an education that blends those long-standing traditions with a growing community that values diversity.
Founded in 1891, the University embraces its heritage as a land-grant educational institution, rooted in agriculture and education. With a focus on degree programs that connect with high-demand career fields, an ever-expanding research portfolio and a growing international presence, they are at the vanguard of the region’s higher education community. We offer 41 undergraduate degree options, 16 master’s degree programs and five doctoral degree programs.
Our programs are available at our main campus in Dover and locations in Wilmington and Georgetown, with many courses available online. Our Wilmington location, conveniently located on Kirkwood Highway near the heart of the state’s business ecosystem, is home to four in-demand master’s programs.
Is Delaware State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Delaware State University is 40%. For every 100 applicants, 40 are admitted. This means the school is highly selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Delaware State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Delaware State University a good school?
Delaware State University is a good school that provides for the people of Delaware and others who are admitted, meaningful and relevant education that emphasized both the liberal and professional assets of higher education
What is Delaware State University known for?
Delaware State University is known for being one of America’s most highly respected Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Delaware State University is renowned for a standard of academic excellence that prepares graduates to become the first choice of employers in a global market and invigorates the economy and the culture of Delaware and the Mid-Atlantic Region
Is Delaware State University a party school?
Yes, Delaware State University is a party school.
What major is Delaware State University known for?
- Mass communication/media studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Business administration and management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Social work
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Public health
- Liberal arts and sciences, general studies and humanities
- Computer science
- Engineering physics/applied physics
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Aeronautics/aviation/aerospace science and technology
- Elementary education and teaching
- Political science and government
- Fine/studio arts
- English language and literature
- Design and applied arts
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Music teacher education
- Hospitality administration/management
- Art teacher education
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies
- Natural resources management and policy
- Apparel and textiles
- Fine and studio arts management
- Visual and performing arts