Washington and Lee University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, W&L is the ninth oldest institution of higher education in America, a top-ranked, private institution in Lexington, Virginia, that provides a liberal arts education that develops students’ capacity to think freely, critically, and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity, and civility. Graduates will be prepared for life-long learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others, and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
Is Washington and Lee University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Washington and Lee University is 25%. For every 100 applicants, 25 are admitted. This means the school is highly selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Washington and Lee University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Washington and Lee University a good school?
Washington and Lee University is a good school that provides a liberal arts education that is vital and relevant to the 21st century. By combining the benefits of a liberal arts foundation with emerging technologies and interdisciplinary perspectives, students head into life after college equipped with the habits of mind, the strength of character, and essential knowledge needed to pursue lives of consequence.
What is Washington and Lee University known for?
Washington and Lee University is known for its personal and engaging undergraduate experience and highly regarded School of Law. Its graduates are prepared for lifelong learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others, and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
Is Washington and Lee University a party school?
Yes, Washington and Lee University is a party school.
What major is Washington and Lee University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Political science and government
- English language and literature
- Biology/biological sciences
- Public relations/image management
- Research and experimental psychology
- Computer science
- Spanish language and literature
- Geology/earth science
- Environmental studies
- German language and literature
- Engineering science
- Sociology and Anthropology
- East asian languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Romance languages, literatures, and linguistics
- French language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Fine/studio arts
- Accounting and business/management