If you are looking to start a career in customer service? Or are you seeking hobbies that will help you do better in this industry? Then this article is for you. Customer service, unlike many industries, deals with human relationships. You need certain skills to aid better performance in carrying out your duties.
Luckily, these skills can be developed as hobbies. What better way is there to spend your leisure time, than having fun and growing your career simultaneously? These hobbies teach virtues that are very valuable in customer service.
Customer service is the assistance given to customers, to help them have the best experience with goods and services. Customer service acts as the closest representative of the organization to the customer, and in most cases in charge of customer problem-solving. The frontline requirement of the job makes it a delicate one. And so, it is a delicate job that requires keen attention to detail. The hobbies related to customer service include;
- Team Sports: You can spend your leisure time engaging in team sports, as this teaches the value of teamwork. Learn to relate with colleagues, work in a team, and help to be supportive to a collective goal. Teamwork is very important in customer service.
- Writing and Blogging: In the customer service industry, knowing how to write is of great value. You can learn about the basics of writing in your free time, watch YouTube videos on how to write, and learn how to properly convey your information in written form. As a hobby, you can also get involved in article writing and any other form of creative writing.
- Volunteering: To build work experience and maturity, you can spend your leisure time volunteering as an intern. Jump on opportunities to learn and build networks with more people in your industry and beyond. Also, volunteering is a really great way to boost your portfolio, not forgetting the confidence that comes with being experienced.
- Research: As customer service personnel, it is very valuable to know how to surf through information for the required one at a point in time. You should be able to ask the right questions and surf through information for the best solution to them. You can also research anything and anyone in your leisure time.
- Computing: As customer service personnel, you should be able to operate the computer system properly. Computers air organization, speed, and ease. You can learn how to operate the customer to be more productive. Familiarize yourself with shortcuts and software that can make your work well-organized and faster.
- Taking online courses: You can take online courses during your leisure time as a hobby. Certification courses or unofficial classes will be valuable in customer service, as no knowledge is lost. You can also learn about customer service skills and customer resolution.
- Listening: Handling the problems of customers requires listening. Luckily, these skills can be acquired as hobbies. This skill can be built by listening to music, podcasts, etc. Listening properly to what the customer requests and acting accordingly shows good listening skills. This skill is valuable to customer service.
- Meditate: Making use of your leisure time for meditation is not a bad hobby idea. Meditation teaches focus and concentration, values desirable in customer service. Meditation also helps to relax the body.
- Attend Workshops or seminars: Attend workshops or seminars during your leisure time and create network opportunities with professionals in your industry. In these seminars, you can also get valuable tips and ideas to help your career.
- Role-playing: You can engage in role-playing games during your leisure time. This is a very ideal way to practice being a customer service representative. This hobby puts you in a mental conscious state of the role you are playing, as you try to practice the best response to any possibility.
Other hobbies related to customer service include;
- Online gaming
- Learning a new language
- Meeting new people
These hobbies related to customer service are valuable to the industry. Getting that job or taking your career to the next level may just be tied to one of these hobbies. These hobbies are excellent ideas for spending your leisure time. Why don’t you get started on them and have fun while developing a successful career?