|Eligible Country||Africa, the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand)|
|Entry||Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations are all eligible.|
This year, if you want to travel abroad and study for free, you shouldn’t miss any chance with Ashden 2022 International Awards in Sustainable Energy for Developing Countries
World’s leading green energy awards seek to reward innovative enterprises and programmes that deliver or play a key part in enabling the delivery of sustainable energy systems and through this bring social, economic and environmental benefits.
In 2021, we’re uncovering and supporting the world’s next climate champions to help them grow faster and spread further. Are you one of them?
This year’s award categories include greener communities, energy access, green skills, natural climate solutions, sustainable cooling and more. Some categories focus on the UK, and others cover work in low- and middle-income countries. Businesses, public bodies and charities can all apply.
Ashden supports proven climate innovation in the UK and developing countries – because on-the-ground solutions will drive the system changes our planet needs. For two decades the Ashden Awards have accelerated the most exciting climate innovators. We find our winners through a rigorous global search, then work with them to scale up their impact and inspire others.
Aim and Benefits of Ashden International Awards in Sustainable Energy
What happens if you win an Award As an Ashden Award winner? You will:
- Be invited to London at Ashden’s expense to take part in the Awards Ceremony as well as other events during that week. Winning an Ashden Award is contingent on taking part in Awards Week activities.
- Participate in media interviews that we may be able to arrange.
- Agree with Ashden on what you will spend the prize fund on and any business support you may receive.
- Provide and update monitoring data about the progress of your work after one year, two years and three years
Value of Contest:
- The winners will receive prize funds of £20,000 each
- As well as this cash fund, winning an Ashden Award brings many other benefits, such as:
- Local, national and international publicity, through the work of our specialist media team.
- Support to grow or replicate your work: this can include professional mentoring, training and introductions to investment and other finance providers.
- Opportunities to present your work to large and influential audiences at the Ashden Awards Ceremony, International Conference and other Ashden events.
- Membership of the Ashden Alumni network of Ashden Award-winners, which facilitates opportunities to create productive partnerships and learning.
- The acclaim of winning a prestigious Ashden Award. Our application and assessment process is known for being rigorous
Requirements for Ashden International Awards in Sustainable Energy Qualification
- Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations are all eligible.
- The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply