|Eligible Country||International Students|
This year, if you want to travel abroad and study for free, you shouldn’t miss any chance with a fully funded Shanghai Government Scholarship for international undergraduate, masters and PhD students.
The 2022/2023 application phase of the Shanghai Government Scholarship for international students is now open. The scholarships are open for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral degree programmes in Shanghai. The scholarship seeks to attract outstanding and smart students and scholars from various countries of the world and to further promote international cooperation and exchanges in Shanghai education.
The programme is divided into categories A and B. A-type scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship to include tuition, accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance during the scholarship period while the B-type scholarship is a partial scholarship that will cover tuition and comprehensive medical insurance.
About Shanghai Government
With its establishment in 2006, the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to universities in Shanghai. The Shanghai Government Scholarship is part of the Social Responsibilities of the government to fund fees for International Students in China.
Requirements for Shanghai Government Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Age and education background:
- Applicants applying for undergraduate programs, should obtain a high school degree or above and be no more than 25 years old; for master’s programs, the applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or above and be no more than 35 years old; for PhD programs, the applicant should have a master’s degree or above with academic research ability, and be no more than 40 years old.
- Applicants applying for the pre-college program should obtain a high school degree under the age of 23 years old, with a letter of pre-admission of the undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Language proficiency:
- Generally, the applicant should achieve the Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- An applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by the Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply to SGS.
How to Apply
To learn more about this scholarship and how to apply. Click on the apply button below
Applications for Shanghai Government Scholarship are done online Applicants can log onto http://apply.study.shmec.gov.cn and complete the application while ensuring that they attach the necessary supporting documents within the application window.
For more details, click here