|Eligible Country||All Countries|
|Tuition Fee||Fully Funded|
This year, if you want to study for free, you shouldn’t miss any chance with Romanian Government 2022 Undergraduate/Postgraduate Scholarships for Foreign Citizens
Are you interested in studying in Romania on a full scholarship? As a foreign student from anywhere around the globe (except EU member countries) you can now apply for the Government of Romania scholarships for foreign citizens. The scholarships are fully funded study opportunities for outstanding students.
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case, are eligible.
The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. See the methodology, calendar and list of universities enrolled in the program.
About Romanian Government
Romania Government Scholarship is offered by the Romanian State to Foreign Citizens through the MFA. Scholarship in Romania is for Undergraduate Degree, Master’s Degree & Doctoral Degrees Holer. Applicants who are not from the European Union can apply for this Fully Funded Scholarship. Ministry of Foreign Affair will pay you a monthly stipend as well. No Application Fee to apply for this Romania Scholarship Program.
Aim and Benefits of Romanian Government Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Requirements for Romanian Government Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship Qualification
The scholarships are open to citizens from non-EU countries. To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- Submit a complete file;
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last
graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
The following exceptions of persons are not eligible under this programme:
- Citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes)
- Citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- Stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- Members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- Members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- Staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- Beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Romanian Government on scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro to apply
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform. Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro. The platform can be accessed in English.
REJECTED: Applications submitted directly by the applicants to the registry offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, or to the e-mail addresses of the MFA employees/departments of the MFA Headquarters, or to the Romanian diplomatic missions or the foreign diplomatic missions accredited in Bucharest, will not be taken into consideration.
As an exception, application files may be submitted by candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest, if the diplomatic mission in question accepts it (a dedicated email address will be made available to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose).
To learn more about this scholarship and how to apply. Click on the apply button below