|Eligible Country||Asia, Africa and the Middle East.|
|Gender||Men and Women|
This year, if you want to study for free, you shouldn’t miss any chance with Standard Chartered Bank 2022 International Graduate Programme for Young Africans.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We aspire to be the Private Bank of choice for generations of entrepreneurs in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, helping clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth.
We’re investing $250 million in our Private Banking and Wealth Management business to improve the way we serve our clients, upgrading our core banking platform and adding senior Relationship Managers. Our goal is to double our assets under management in the next five years.
As a global business, with a presence across Asia, Africa and the Middle East and Private Banking and Wealth Management under the same leadership, we’re able to support our clients with best-in-class products and services.
About Standard Chartered Bank
They offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise â€“ Here for good. With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide.
Aim and Benefits of Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme
You’ll get involved in:
- Monitoring the global markets for patterns and insights to produce market reports
- Shape the development and way we present our wealth management products and services for clients
- Develop client behaviour analytics and formulate new client engagement plans
Your career progression
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role in Wealth Management. These could be in areas such as:
- Product Management
- Investment Advisory
- Business and Segment Management
What you’ll do over 18 months
- International induction – these are classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business functions.
- 12-month training rotation – you’ll spend twelve months in Wealth Management where you’ll learn how to engage with clients. You’ll broaden your experience with rotations into areas including Risk, Product/Segments, Distribution/Front Line, and lastly Digital.
- 6-month business rotation – your last rotation will add to your knowledge of the product and client transaction lifecycle. It will also give you exposure to areas such as Funds, Wealth Propositions and Solutions, and Investment Strategy. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best and begin your Standard Chartered career.
Requirements for Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme Qualification
For our International Graduate Programme, you must
- Be in your final year of study for a university degree or higher, or have graduated in the last two years, and
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to.
- For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country.
- For graduate roles in US, we will not consider applications from candidates seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
To learn more and apply for this scholarship. Click on the apply button below