The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas affected by conflict or natural disasters. The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University. It is for Master’s programs that start on 28 August 2023 and are offered during the current admission round. The scholarships do not cover living expenses.
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Iraq, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, Syria or Yemen.
- You must show why you are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University, as well as that you have the academic talent required.
- You can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for a Master’s program at Uppsala University chosen as first priority (the program which you have ranked the highest of the four programs you can choose at University Admissions).
- You must have applied for the Master’s program before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the program you applied to. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must first submit an application for a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at Uppsala University at www.universityadmissions.se between 17 October 2022 and 16 January 2023.
For more detail, visit Uppsala University website