Georgia State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Georgia State University is an urban public research university and national model for student success in Atlanta, the cultural and economic center of the Southeast. The largest university in the state and one of the largest in the nation, Georgia State provides its faculty and more than 51,000 students with unsurpassed access to opportunities in one of America’s great global cities. Over a period of 10 years, the university raised graduation rates by 22 percentage points and eliminated students’ achievement gaps based on race, ethnicity, or income.
Its Atlanta Campus offers more than 250 degree programs in 100 fields of study at the bachelor’s, master’s, specialist and doctoral levels. Home to more freshmen than any other college or university in Georgia, the university’s Perimeter College provides more than 30 associate degree pathways at five campuses throughout metro Atlanta.
Is Georgia State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Georgia State University is 82%. For every 100 applicants, 82 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Georgia State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Georgia State University a good school?
Georgia State University is a good university that transforms the lives of students, advances the frontiers of knowledge, and strengthens the workforce of the future. The university provides outstanding education and exceptional support for students from all backgrounds.
What is Georgia State University known for?
Georgia State University is known for being one of the nation’s leading urban research universities and the only one in Georgia. It is internationally recognized as the leader in introducing advanced technology, programs, and initiatives that foster student success.
Is Georgia State University a party school?
No, Georgia State University is not a party school.
What major is Georgia State University known for?
- Biology/biological sciences
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer science
- Business administration and management
- Political science and government
- Film/cinema/video studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- English language and literature
- Kindergarten/preschool education and teaching
- Public health
- Social work
- Business/managerial economics
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Hospitality administration/management
- Music performance
- Public policy analysis
- Actuarial science
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Geology/earth science
- Real estate
- General merchandising, sales, and related marketing operations
- Spanish language and literature
- Sign language interpretation and translation
- African, american/black studies
- International economics
- French language and literature
- Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies
- Art teacher education
- Special education and teaching
- Religion/religious studies
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- German language and literature