Texas Tech University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Texas Tech University prides itself on being a major comprehensive research university that retains the sense of a smaller liberal arts institution. Although enrollment is over 30,000, Texas Tech students boast of one-on-one interaction with top faculty and an environment that stresses student accomplishment above all else.
Is Texas Tech University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Texas Tech University is 70%. For every 100 applicants, 70 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Texas Tech University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Texas Tech University a good school?
Texas Tech University is a good school that provides advanced knowledge through innovative and creative teaching, research, and scholarship. The University is dedicated to student success by preparing learners to be ethical leaders for a diverse and globally competitive workforce.
What is Texas Tech University known for?
Classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity, Texas Tech students are known for winning numerous national championships, including more than 100 in the College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources and more than 30 in the School of Law. Texas Tech has had 164 Fulbright Scholars selected from its faculty.
Is Texas Tech University a party school?
Yes, Texas Tech University is a party school.
What major is Texas Tech University known for?
- Mechanical engineering
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Business administration and management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Marketing/marketing management
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- General studies
- Human development and family studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Public relations/image management
- Rhetoric and composition
- Animal sciences
- Information science/studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Civil engineering
- Political science and government
- Chemical engineering
- Radio and television
- Agricultural economics
- Mass communication/media studies
- Industrial engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Hotel/motel administration/management
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Family resource management studies
- Natural resources/conservation
- English language and literature
- Petroleum engineering
- Science, technology and society
- Computer engineering
- Nutrition sciences
- Agricultural communication/journalism
- Art/art studies
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Plant sciences
- Geology/earth science
- Spanish language and literature
- Landscape architecture
- Construction engineering
- Interior architecture
- Child development
- Fashion merchandising
- Business administration, management and operations
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- International/global studies
- Social work
- International economics
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Fashion/apparel design
- Agricultural business and management
- Food science
- Family and community services
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing
- Natural resources law enforcement and protective services
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Zoology/animal biology
- Biological and physical sciences
- Visual and performing arts
- Child care and support services management