Louisiana State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, LSU is the flagship institution of Louisiana and is one of only 30 universities nationwide holding land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant status. Since 1860, LSU has served its region, the nation, and the world through extensive, multipurpose programs encompassing instruction, research, and public service. The university brings in more than $150 million annually in outside research grants and contracts, a significant factor for the Louisiana economy.
Is Louisiana State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Louisiana State University is 73%. For every 100 applicants, 73 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Louisiana State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Louisiana State University a good school?
Louisiana State University is a good school and a leading research-extensive university, challenging undergraduate and graduate students to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal development.
What is Louisiana State University known for?
Louisiana State University is known for being the largest, highest-ranked public university in Louisiana, ranked in the top tier of “Best National Universities, and is the only public university in the state to be designated a Carnegie Research University with Very High Research Activity.
Is Louisiana State University a party school?
Yes, Louisiana State University is a party school.
What major is Louisiana State University known for?
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Business administration and management
- Mass communication/media studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Construction management
- Mechanical engineering
- Political science and government
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Chemical engineering
- Computer science
- Civil engineering
- English language and literature
- Management science
- Animal sciences
- Fine/studio arts
- Petroleum engineering
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Elementary education and teaching
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Natural resources management and policy
- Industrial engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Nutrition sciences
- Human development and family studies
- Apparel and textiles
- International/global studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Interior architecture
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Oceanography, chemical and physical
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Business/managerial economics
- International business/trade/commerce
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Spanish language and literature
- Music performance
- Agricultural business and management
- Plant sciences
- Computer engineering
- Adult and continuing education and teaching
- French language and literature
- Landscape architecture
- Social work
- Environmental science
- Music teacher education
- Athletic training/trainer
- Geology/earth science
- Human resources development
- Agricultural and extension education services
- Film/video and photographic arts
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies