University of Maryland majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, the University of Maryland (UMD) strives to bring students deeply into the process of discovery, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Whenever possible, hands-on research complements classroom instruction. Interdisciplinary collaborations facilitate the understanding of complex problems like cybersecurity and climate change, and international study and diversity help our graduates become global citizens.
Its location inside Washington, D.C.’s Beltway, along with its own Metro stop, gives students numerous opportunities to work with neighboring federal agencies and labs, think tanks, and foreign organizations.
Is the University of Maryland hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Maryland is 51%. For every 100 applicants, 51 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of Maryland’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of Maryland a good school?
The University of Maryland is a good school that provides excellent teaching, research, and service. The University educates students and advances knowledge in areas of importance to the State, the nation, and the world
What is the University of Maryland known for?
The University of Maryland is known for consistently being recognized as one of the preeminent public research universities in the United States.
Is the University of Maryland a party school?
Yes, the University of Maryland is a party school.
What major is the University of Maryland known for?
- Computer science
- Information science/studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Political science and government
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Mechanical engineering
- Public health
- Marketing/marketing management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- English language and literature
- Aerospaceaeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Family and community services
- Management science
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Agricultural engineering
- Logisticsmaterialsand supply chain management
- Business administration and management
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Community health and preventive medicine
- Fine/studio arts
- Chemical engineering
- Animal sciences
- Public policy analysis
- Environmental science
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Elementary education and teaching
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Food science
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- International business/trade/commerce
- Spanish language and literature
- Materials engineering
- Music performance
- Agricultural economics
- Art historycriticism and conservation
- American/united states studies/civilization
- Secondary education and teaching
- Kindergarten/preschool education and teaching
- Multi/interdisciplinary studies
- Geology/earth science
- Film/cinema/video studies
- French language and literature
- Arabic language and literature
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Music teacher education
- Japanese language and literature
- German language and literature
- Chinese language and literature
- Sustainability studies
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology
- Africanamerican/black studies
- Plant sciences
- Special education and teaching
- Russian language and literature
- Women’s studies
- Classics and classical languagesliteraturesand linguistics
- Art teacher education
- Landscape architecture
- Iranian languagesliteraturesand linguistics
- Italian language and literature
- Russian studies
- Romance languagesliteraturesand linguistics
- Prelaw studies
- Jewish/judaic studies