Honestly, there is no true definition of long prayers or short family prayers. We pray as the spirit lead. However, for me personally, there are moments when muttering short prayers for my family gives me relief. While working, resting, walking or engaged in something. In all sincerity, a short prayer for my family extends beyond meals and bedtime.
Someone once said that it is more important to know how to pray than to have a degree from a university. There are many things that are important in this life. A good education is important. Money is important. A good marriage is important. But, a good prayer life is most important!
On this page, I have included different prayer points ranging from a confession of sin, to petitions for the supply of our needs. If you think you are too busy to pray, then you are deceiving yourself. If you do not pray, it is because you do not want to pray.
Why short family prayer?
Below are the following reasons short family prayers are important;
- It enabled family members to address problems or stresses they were facing, as well as reduced tensions in their relationships.
- Short family prayer helped family members bond with one another and created a sense of family unity.
- Short family prayer has been known to help couples to deal with stress, enables them to focus on shared beliefs and hopes for the future, and allow them to deal with challenges and problems in their relationship and in their lives.
- Acknowledging that God in our family is great humbles us and reminds us that we are not perfect. That makes it easier to release anger and bitterness from our hearts through short family prayer.
- Short family prayer is a natural parenting tool. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 states that we are to keep God’s words in our hearts and share them with our children.
- The practice of short family prayer equips family members to pray effectively amid the pressures of jobs, school and community relations. The home is the best place to learn spiritual lessons such as these.
54 short prayer for my family prayer
Please note, before using these short prayer points below, ensure you first give thanks to God. Thanksgiving is necessary. You must first come to God with thanksgiving before making any further prayer.
- 1 Kings 17:6 – Oh Lord, raise people like raven for my family that will see to our needs today in Jesus name.
- 1 Sam. 20:35 – Oh Lord! Today, use people for the protection of our life in Jesus’s name.
- 2 Kings 3:20 – Oh Lord, as we raise up the offering of praise this morning, let the water of blessing fill our land in Jesus’s name.
- 2 Sam. 11:14 – All letters of death written about my family today whether sent through me or another person, heavens tear it to pieces in Jesus name.
- All our enemies that want me to never prosper, shall see me in my full glory this morning in Jesus’ name.
- Almighty God, radiant with light, cast your goodness to shine upon us. Most wonderful Lord, the creator of all things, hold your truth to shield my family all through the night.
- Bless my spouse in his career from this morning forward in Jesus’s name.
- Bless our family and our home, and keep us safe through the night. May your angels guard us and watch over us, just like you promised.
- Bless the work of our hands immensely in Jesus’s name.
- Bless us with rest tonight, Jesus, and a good night’s sleep. Forgive us for the things we did today that did not honour you.
- Deut. 28:67 – Oh Lord, all terrifies of the heart and terrifies of the eyes that will make today a living hell become a taboo in Jesus name.
- Deut. 32:11,12 – Oh Lord, as we are going out today in search of our daily bread, lead us to success in Jesus’s name
- Exo. 13:21a – Oh Lord, let your pillar of cloud go before me today to lead the way in Jesus’s name.
For God has not given us the spirit of fear, But a spirit of love, and of power, and a sound mind, To live each day and glorify his name.
- From this day’s sunrise, our children shall stop experiencing setbacks in life in the name of Jesus.
- From this morning forward, let our lives be one of great example in Jesus’s name.
- From this morning forward, let us continue to grow from strength to strength in Jesus’s name.
Gen 32:1 – Oh Lord, as I am going out today, let me have a positive encounter with heaven in Jesus’s name.
- Grant us a good night’s sleep tonight, God, so that we can awake refreshed and ready to begin another day loving you Amen.
- I ask for forgiveness this morning, I ask that you cleanse us completely of all my sins in Jesus’s name.
In peace, we will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make us dwell in safety. in Jesus’s name.n.
- Isa. 33:2 – Oh Lord, be our arm against every trouble of today in Jesus’s name.
- Isa. 50:4 – I prophesied to my life and my family that we are awake! our life awakes, our tongue awakes and our ear awakes in Jesus’s name.
- Job 42:2 – Oh Lord, we know that You can do everything. Let us see favour today in Jesus’s name.
- Jud. 16:2 – I decree that those who lay in wait for me and family throughout the night in order to strike in the morning shall themselves not see the sunshine of today in Jesus’s name.
- Lam. 3:22,23 – Oh Lord, renew your covenant of mercy of today over my family in Jesus’ name.
- Let make us an instrument you will use to spread the gospel in Jesus’s name. Let us continue to bask under God’s love forever in Jesus’s name.
- Let my family start this new day free from sins in the name of Jesus.
- Let our family be an instrument of God’s blessing as we go out this morning, Amen.
- Let people begin to see the beauty of your glory in our life in Jesus’s name.
- Let people begin to see the glory of God shine forth in the lives of our family from this morning forward.
- Let the people of this earth see your glory shine forth in us in the name of Jesus.
- Let this morning be a time of unbelievable prosperity and achievement in Jesus’s name.
- Lord, we need you. As a family, we need you to sustain us through the night, and we need you to sustain us through our life.
- Lord, use somebody to bless our family this morning, Amen.
- Matt. 27:1 – I prophesied that all the plots against our life today shall backfire in Jesus’s name.
- May God’s grace and mercy follow this morning as we set out to work this morning, Amen.
- May all my prayer requests for this morning be granted by the Lord of hosts in Jesus’s name Amen.
- May your protection and your presence bathe this place with peace and safety against the enemy. Good night, Lord In Jesus’s name.
- Now as we lay down to sleep, I pray the Lord our souls to keep, watch and guard us through the night, and wake us with the morning light.
- Num. 22:21 – Oh Lord, those who will take up journey against me this breaking of the day, confront them in Jesus name.
- Please give our family the grace of sleep. Give us the grace of strength. Allow us to wake refreshed in the morning. I depend on You. Amen.
- Psalm 119:147 – Oh Lord! As we wake today, send help throughout today in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 143:8 – Oh Lord, cause us to hear your loving kindness this morning and cause us to know the way to walk today in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 30:5 – Oh Lord, I commute all my pains and disappointments of yesterday to the bin of forgetfulness and I claim the joy that comes with this morning in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 31:21 – I declare that I shall see the marvellous works of God this morning in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 31:22 – Oh Lord, do not judge us by the measure of our faith today. Let the rain of mercy fall on us as we leave the house in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 57:8 – As we wake up today, we shall wake with our glory and with songs of praises that overshadow all sadness in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 5:1-3 – Lord, as we wake this morning to a glorious day, guide our steps as we face the challenges of the day in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 5:1-3 – Oh Lord, sanctify us for the work of today in Jesus’s name.
- Psalm 5:3 – Oh Lord, let my voice reach you this morning as we make my requests of the day in Jesus’s name.
- We shall continue to grow from strength to strength from this morning forward in Jesus’s name.
- We shall not lack the blessings of the morning in my life in the name of Jesus.
- When the hosts of heaven are sharing the blessings of the morning, our family shall be a huge partaker in Jesus’s name.