Gmail login different user simply means you want to access your Gmail account on a device that is already connected to Gmail. This is very possible and easy to do especially on an Android phone and a computer.
Gmail login different user allows you to switch through multiple Gmail without logging off and on. I mean, different known and trusted users can access their mail via a single Android device or computer without logging each other off and on.
For example, the image below shows Gmail login different user on mobile phone
So how do these different users access their Gmail without logging off and on?
- Go to your Gmail app
- Tap the profile icon as seen in the image below.
- Next, you will a menu popup. Choose the Gmail you will like to access
There are different reasons why you may want to sign in on a device that is not yours. I wrote this guide when one of my friends called me and was asking for a guide on how to log in to his Gmail on an android phone that belongs to his friend.
This gave me a good impression that many people will seek the same answer also. If you want to log in to your Gmail temporarily on an Android phone that is not yours, this guide is for you. Moreso, I will also show you how to log in to Gmail on a computer that doesn’t belong to you.
How to login Gmail to different user
If you have an existing Gmail account. Follow this step to log in as a different user.
- On your android device, locate the Setting
- Locate Accounts
- Scroll down and click on Add acount
- Locate and choose Google from the list
- You will be required to pass through security checks. Just to ensure you have valid access to the device
- After the check is successful, you will be prompted to enter your Gmail address.
- Click Next and enter your password
- Agree on the Terms of Services
- Wait for Google to finish processing.
Congratulations. You have successful login to Gmail as a different user on a device that is not yours!. To check your Gmail or verify if you are logged in, please go back to the 2nd image on this page.
See how to remove your Gmail account from your phone.
Gmail login different user in Chrome browser
- On a computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the button icon with a name or image.
- A menu will appear
- Locate and click on Guest or Add.
Add is ideal:
When you use Add, you will be able to access your Gmail without logging off the already connected Gmail account. This simply means two different users can login to their Gmail from a single computer. However, do this only when you trust the owner of the computer because all your information, such as photos, contact and email can easily be accessed.
In Guest mode, you won’t see or change any other Chrome profile’s info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is deleted from the computer.
Guest mode is ideal for:
- When you borrow someone else’s computer.
- Using a public computer, like one at a library or cafe.
When you’re through accessing your Gmail, at the top right, click Guest and then Exit Guest. You’ll be signed out.