Last Updated on
List of Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics and the Universities/Polytechnics offering such course.
Mathematics is an indispensable tool in computer science, insurance and the economy. Mathematics is the intensive study of abstract structures and geometrical objects, and the discovery and description of the laws that govern them.
We cannot do without Mathematics, yet, this very same subject is a nightmare to some many students. The thought of Mathematics class assignment, not even test or examination is a big problem. I know, I hate Mathematics too. In fact, I hate anything that involves complex calculation even Accounting. But do you know that Mathematics is not a compulsory subject in O level / WAEC for some courses in the university and also polytechnics?
What I meant is, you don’t need credit in Mathematics to study some major courses in Nigeria universities but you definitely must have a passing grade like D7 or E8. Some of you are sitting at home for long because you don’t have credit in Mathematics or English Language but I have good news for you.
I spent quality time going through over 670 courses and I found out that there are over 60 courses you can study without having credit in Mathematics. Yes!!! This is true but you may never know because you have never been within the four walls of the university. Besides, no university in Nigeria will inform you that there are courses you can study without Mathematics.
Now listen... There are courses that require you to have at least D7 or E8 while others do not require Mathematics at all. The list below are a combination of courses which do require D7 and E8 or no requirement all at and each of these courses has a condition attached to them.
Please note: What you’re about to read is only a list. If any of this course interest you, you can check the universities and Polytechnics offering the course below.
These are the courses you can study without credit in Mathematics
- Adult Education
- Civil Law
- Conflict and Peace Resolution
- Counsellor Education
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Art
- Education and Biology
- Education and Efik/Ibibio
- Education and Geography
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Social Studies
- Elementary Education
- Elementary Education
- English and Literary Studies
- English Language
- Environmental Education
- Geography – Under the Faculty of Art
- Geography – Under Faculty of Science
- Geography – Under the Faculty of Social Science
- Geography and Environmental Management – Under Faculty of Social Science
- Geography and Meteorology – Under Faculty of Social Science
- Government and Public Administration
- Guidance and Counselling
- History and International Studies
- Home Economics and Education
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Hotel and Tourism Management
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Library and Information Science
- Linguistics / Edo
- Local Government Administration
- Mass Communication – Under Faculty of Administration
- Mass Communication – Under the Faculty of Art
- Mass Communication – Under the Faculty of Social Science
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Philosophy – Under Faculty of Art
- Physical and Health Education
- Policy and Administrative Studies
- Policy and Strategic Studies
- Political and Administrative Studies
- Political Science – Under the Faculty of Art
- Political Science – Under the Faculty of Social Science
- Political Science / International Law and Diplomacy
- Political Science and Conflict Resolution – Under the Faculty of Social Science
- Political Science and Conflict Resolution -Under Faculty of Art
- Political Science and Defence Studies
- Political Science and Diplomacy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science and International Studies
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Pre-Primary and Primary Education
- Public Administration – Under Faculty of Administration
- Religious Studies
- Secretarial Administration
- Secretarial Administration and Education
- Secretarial Education
- Social Justice
- Sociology – Under Faculty of Art
- Sociology – Under Faculty of Social Science
- Teacher Education
- Vocational and Technical Education
- Food Science and Technology
- Polytechnic: Public Administration
- Polytechnic: Animal Health and Production Technology
- Polytechnic: Leisure and Tourism Management
- Polytechnic: Office Technology and Management
- Polytechnic: Art and Design
- Polytechnic: Hospitality Management
- Polytechnic: Hospitality Management
- Polytechnic: Library and Information Science
- Polytechnic: Local Government Studies
- Polytechnic: Mass Communication
- Polytechnic: Social Development
Universities that accept D7/E8 in Mathematics or not a requirement at all
Universities that offer Mass Communication without Mathematics
- Wellspring University, Edo State accepts a pass D7 and E8 in Mathematics provided you have a total of five credits including English language, Government/History, and Literature in English Language
- Seminary of All Saints, Uhiele-Ekpoma, Edo State requires five O’ level credit passes to include English Language, at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics and any two other Arts or Social Science subjects. Candidates MUST be sponsored by a Catholic Diocese.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) requires five “O” level credit passes to include English Language, one Arts subject and a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires five O level credit passes or five Merit level passes in T.C. II at not more than two sittings. Subjects should include English Language and any two other subjects from Arts or Social Sciences. At least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics is required.
- Bowen University, Iwo requires five O level credit passes to include English Language and any two other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Science. At least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics or Physics is required.
- The University of Uyo requires a credit pass in one Science subjects and at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- Ekiti State University, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, University of Ibadan (UI), Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU), Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU), Kogi State University Anyigba, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma and Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) require at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma require a credit in one science subject and one Commercial subject and at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye requires a credit pass in Literature and at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- Crescent University (CUAB) requires Five (5) O’ level credits passes in English Language, Literature in English, Government and Economics at not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE and NECO. Candidates with a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics may be eligible for admission.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) confirmed that credit pass in Mathematics is not compulsory
- University of Uyo, Madonna University
- Okija, Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics.
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) requires at least 2 Social Science subjects and a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics
- Abia State University, Uturu and University of Calabar (UNICAL) accept a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Government or History, Economics, Geography, CRK/IRK and at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji requires at least a pass (D7 and E8) in Mathematics
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Courses You Can Study Without Credit in Mathematics
- 100 lists of commercial courses you can study in Nigeria
- 42 Courses You Can Study Without English Language
- All Courses you can study without Credits
- Courses You Can Study Without Economics
- 15 List of Courses You Can Study Without Biology
- 20 Courses You Can Study Without Chemistry
- 92 lists of art courses you can study in Nigeria Universities
- Courses You can study in Nigeria Universities With Cambridge
- 35 List of Art Courses You can Study Without Literature