Universities offering Medicine and Surgery
So you want to study Medicine and Surgery… This means you’re a science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Medicine and Surgery. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Medicine and Surgery as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Medicine and Surgery. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Medicine and Surgery than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Medicine and Surgery is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Medicine and Surgery before you go through the list of universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria.
Medicine and Surgery aims at educating and training of competent medical doctors and other health personnel for the promotion of good health and eradication of diseases. It is also designed to promote the integration of modern scientific ideas in medicine and to develop research capability. In addition, the programme emphasizes the inter-relationships of various clinical disciplines and their synthesis into a unified code for the solution of problems.
This is one of the most competitive and hardest courses in the university. Carryover in any course within Medicine and Surgery is an offence. One can be forgiven, two is a warning, three carryover course and you’re out (varies on university policy). If you desire to study Medicine and Surgery, have the mindset that you must go through a postgraduate programme without which you may find it difficult to get a job.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Medicine and Surgery course belongs to in the university. Medicine and Surgery course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Medicine and Surgery.
Courses related to Medicine and Surgery
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Biomedical Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
Here are the list of universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI), Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.