Last updated on July 24, 2020 by The Counselor
What are project management courses all about? Project management Courses are courses that train individuals on the application of techniques, knowledge, tools, skills to project activities so as to meet the project required standard. Long before now, these courses were usually secondary course, until recent times that it has emerged as a distinct profession in the mid-20th century.
The Project management process is categorized into 5 different stages, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing. Project management Courses draw their knowledge from 10 different areas which are; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Procurement, Human resources, Communications, Risk management, and Stakeholder management.
Project managers are at a higher demand in recent time which makes it more beneficial to anyone that enrol in this profession. Qualified and professional Project managers are needed in almost all industries to help them plan and provision the work of the industry.
So If you have been wondering if project management courses are good for you or not, then here is the right platform that you will get all the necessary information that you need to be clarified about the concept of any project management course which might become your greatest career in the nearest future.
Job Opportunities and Careers for project management Degree Holders
The main skills required of a professional project manager are the ability of organizing, planning, securing, leading, managing, and controlling an industry’s or company’s resources and draw out necessary plans to achieve business goals.
A professional project manager can be hired or employed by almost all companies and industries to kick start, analyze and evaluate projects and project requirements, and suggest the required professionals on board for the success of the project, and also supervise the progress of the project till success is meet.
In such companies and industries, a project manager will be hired or employed to decides the skills required to set up certain projects, Set the budget for the project, supervise, oversees and track the progress of the project, schedule time frame for projects and subprojects, decides how failed projects can be completed, make accurate reports on the progress of a project to the company’s or industry’s stakeholders, and also manage the project culture of the company’s or industry’s project team and organization.
With the above listed, you will realize that a project manager is almost like a pilot to the success of a given company or industry and that makes them very valuable in a given company or industry with very high payback.
Top 19 Best Project Management Courses (Online Courses)
- Designing and Implementing Monitoring and Evaluating Systems – Revised: Learn how to design and implement effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems with A free online course @ Alison.
- Scrum Development: Learn the concepts of Scrum Developer training with A free online course @ Alison.
- SCRUM Immersion: Learn the functions and features of SCRUM Immersion with A free online course @ Alison.
- Introduction to Project Management: Discover how to become a successful Project Manager with this free online introductory course.
- Project Management in Practice – Monitoring, Controlling and Change Management: Master the project management skills for handling negotiations and technical projects in A free online course @ Alison.
- Diploma – Project Management in Practice: Improve your project management skills for managing complex technical projects with this free online Diploma course.
- Project Management in Practice – Planning, Scheduling and Resource Management: Enhance your project management skills and practices for managing limited resources with A free online course @ Alison.
- Modern Project Management – Working with Clients and Project Teams – Revised: Learn problem-solving procedures and how to work with clients productively with this free project management course.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): Learn how to become a Project Management Professional (PMP) with A free online course @ Alison.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM): Learn about the functions and features of Certified Associate in Project Management in A free online course @ Alison.
- Fundamentals of Project Management: Learn how to successfully manage any project and understand important project phases and project management tools.
- Diploma in Project Management: This free online project management course will teach you how to implement project phases like a true professional.
- Modern Project Management – Quality, Risk, Procurement and Project Closeout: Learn to take control of your project and ensure that goals are strategically aligned with A free online course @ Alison.
- Introduction to Modern Project Management Theory and Practice: Gain the skills and knowledge required for effective project management with A free online course @ Alison.
- Diploma in Modern Project Management: Acquire effective modern project management skills with the theories and practices taught in this free course.
- Modern Project Management – Managing the Start-up, Scheduling, and Budgeting: Improve your project management skills by learning how to start, schedule, and budget for a new project.
- Project Management in Practice – This course will teach you from Concepts to the Principles to Project Kick-Off: Learning the basics concepts of project management will help enhance your project management skill.
- Agile Essentials: This ranges from Practical Guide to the Agile Process: This is a free online course that will teach you more about the No.1 choice in software development, Agile Methodology.
All these top 19 best Project Management Courses listed above are free online courses that are offered by Alison.com. Alison is one of the best and most trusted Online schools with over 1,500 courses available. All their courses are absolutely free to complete, and new courses are added weekly. They offer:
- Certificate Courses which take about 2-3 hours to complete
- Diploma Courses which take about 8-10 hours to complete
Learning Paths Courses which includes:
- Broaden your skillset
- Progress your knowledge
- Master a subject
And take about 18-20 hours to complete
Do well to make research on each of the courses listed above and do well to make personal research on them before taking any of them. For more benefit, you can take more than one course so as to widen your skill as all courses are free to enrol in.