Bowie State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Bowie State is the oldest Historically Black College/University in Maryland and one of the ten oldest in the country. It is also a diverse university whose more than 6,100 students, along with faculty and staff, come from many ethnic backgrounds. In addition to its 23 undergraduate majors, Bowie State offers 35 master’s, doctoral, and advanced certification programs.
Is Bowie State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Bowie State University is 81%. For every 100 applicants, 81 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Bowie State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Bowie State University a good school?
Bowie State University is a good school widely recognized as one of the nation’s best public comprehensive universities; a model for academic excellence, innovation, and student success.
What is Bowie State University known for?
Bowie State University is known to empower a diverse population of students to reach their potential by providing innovative academic programs and transformational experiences as they prepare for careers, lifelong learning, and civic responsibility.
Is Bowie State University a party school?
No Bowie State University is not a party school.
What major is the Bowie State University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Radio and television broadcasting Technology/technician
- Child development
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Design and visual communications
- Computer and information sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Kindergarten/preschool education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Art/art studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts