Drake University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Drake University is recognized as one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the Midwest. A mid-sized, private university in Des Moines, Iowa, the school offers the benefits and resources of a larger institution along with the advantages of intimate class sizes and close personal relationships. They offer a number of undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as professional programs in business, law, and pharmacy.
Is Drake University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Drake University is 68%. For every 100 applicants, 68 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; and not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Drake University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Drake University a good school?
Yes, Drake University is a good school where students do a lot more than just sit in a classroom. That’s why the core of the Bulldog experience is academics and professional preparation. The school is serious about offering experiential learning like first-year research and law practicum, full-immersion internships, classes held on location instead of in classrooms, service learning, community volunteering, and so much more. Plus, more than 150 student organizations offer professional and social-expanding experiences.
What is Drake University known for?
Drake University is known for its exceptional learning environment that prepares students for meaningful personal lives, professional accomplishments, and responsible global citizenship. The Drake experience is distinguished by collaborative learning among students, faculty, and staff and by the integration of the liberal arts and sciences with professional preparation.
The followings are popular majors at Drake University:
- Marketing/marketing management
- Public relations/image management
- Actuarial science
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Legal studies
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, and molecular biology
- English language and literature
- Computer and information sciences
- Business administration and management
- Political science and government
- Environmental science
- Biology/biological sciences
- International business/trade/commerce
- Music performance
- Elementary education and teaching
- International relations and affairs
- Accounting and related services
- Dramatic/theatre arts and stagecraft
- Occupational therapy/therapist
- Management sciences and quantitative methods
- Rhetoric and composition
- Secondary education and teaching
- Environmental studies
- Commercial and advertising art
- Finance and financial management services
- Music teacher education
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Spanish language and literature
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Business, management, marketing, and related support services
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Religion/religious studies
- Mathematics teacher education
- Accounting and finance
- Management information systems and services
- Broadcast journalism
- Drama and dance teacher education
- Visual and performing arts
- Entrepreneurial and small business operations