Elmhurst University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the midwest region of the united state, Elmhurst is a comprehensive university offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, and several evening and online programs for adults. Our 3,500 students learn in small classes with faculty experts who are deeply invested in their success. Just a 30-minute train ride from downtown Chicago, our beautiful arboretum campus offers students a home away from home and a place to belong.
Is Elmhurst University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Elmhurst University is 66%. For every 100 applicants, 66 are admitted. This means the school is selective and very hard to get into. If you meet Elmhurst University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other components of the application, you have a great shot at getting accepted.
Is Elmhurst a good school?
Yes, Elmhurst is a good school that inspires intellectual and personal growth in our students, preparing them for meaningful and ethical contributions to a diverse, global society. The school also integrates professional preparation with a rigorous liberal arts foundation that prepares students for a successful, meaningful, and fulfilling life.
What is Elmhurst University known for?
Elmhurst University is known for its welcoming community that values and embraces diversity and inclusion. Elmhurst achieves this through mutual respect, compassion for others, honest and open communication, and fairness and integrity in all that we do.
The followings are popular majors at Elmhurst University:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Business administration, management and operations
- Marketing/marketing management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Business administration and management
- Teacher education, multiple levels
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Music management
- English language and literature
- Computer science
- Rhetoric and composition
- Information technology
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Political science and government
- Special education and teaching
- Communication and media studies
- Music teacher education
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Information science/studies
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Graphic design
- Jazz/jazz studies
- International business/trade/commerce
- Spanish language and literature
- History teacher education
- Music performance
- Intercultural/multicultural and diversity studies
- Urban studies/affairs
- Animation, interactive technology, video graphics and special effects
- Secondary education and teaching
- Art teacher education
- Foreign languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Music theory and composition
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Musical theatre
- Art/art studies
- Health and wellness
- Organizational communication
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Pre, theology/pre, ministerial studies
- Fine and studio arts management