Metropolitan State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the midwest region of the united state, Metropolitan State is a fully accredited, comprehensive university and a member of the Minnesota State higher education system. CollegeNet’s Social Mobility Index, measuring colleges’ and universities’ success in elevating students from low-income strata into the middle class by five years after graduation, ranks us thirty-ninth in the nation (in the top 3 percent), and first in Minnesota.
Is Metropolitan State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Metropolitan State University is 62%. For every 100 applicants, 62 are admitted. This means the school is not hard to get into. If you meet Metropolitan State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other components of the application, you have a great shot at getting accepted.
Is Metropolitan State University a good school:
Yes. Metropolitan State University is a good school with more than 50 undergraduate programs and more than 25 graduate programs, including unique individualized studies programs where students design their own bachelor’s or master’s programs, Metropolitan State offers in-demand degrees to help you get where you want to go.
What is Metropolitan State University known for?
Metropolitan State University is known for its diversity and inclusion. The school value all forms of diversity, no matter one’s ethnicity, religious or sexual preferences, income level, learning style, or area of academic focus. The university is known to be committed to academic excellence and community partnerships through curriculum, teaching, scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
The followings are popular majors at Metropolitan State University:
- Business administration and management
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Human services
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Computer science
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Social work
- Information science/studies
- Criminal justice/police science
- Biology/biological sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Information technology
- Elementary education and teaching
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Substance abuse/addiction counseling
- Social sciences
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- English language and literature
- Developmental and child psychology
- Creative writing
- Environmental science
- Applied mathematics
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Art/art studies
- Social studies teacher education
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing
- Computer programming/programmer
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Ethnic studies
- English/language arts teacher education
- International business/trade/commerce
- Non, profit/public/organizational management
- Mathematics teacher education
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Playwriting and screenwriting
- Biology teacher education
- Computational science