Michigan Technological University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Michigan Technological University is a leading public research university, home to more than 7,000 students from 54 countries around the world. Founded in 1885, the University offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in science and technology; forestry; business and economics; health professions; humanities; mathematics; and social sciences. The beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
Is Michigan Technological University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Michigan Technological University is 70%. For every 100 applicants, 70 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Michigan Technological University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Michigan Technological University a good school?
Yes, Michigan Technological University is a good school that educates students, advances knowledge, and innovates to improve the quality of life and to promote mutual respect and equity for all people within the state, the nation, and the global community.
What is Michigan Technological University known for?
Michigan Technological University is known for creating solutions for society’s challenges by delivering action-based undergraduate and graduate education, discovering new knowledge through research, and launching new technologies through innovation.
The followings are popular majors at Michigan Technological University:
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Computer science
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Engineering/industrial management
- Materials engineering
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical Technology/technician
- Management information systems
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Network and system administration/administrator
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Computer software engineering
- Technical and scientific communication
- Marketing/marketing management
- Geological/geophysical engineering
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Environmental science
- Wildlife, fish and wildlands science and management
- Construction management
- Electrical, electronic and communications
- Engineering technology
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- International and intercultural communication
- Geophysics and seismology
- Recording arts technology/technician
- Technical theatre/theatre design and technology
- English language and literature
- Social sciences
- Surveying engineering
- Mining and mineral engineering
- Geology/earth science
- Condensed matter and materials physics