Midwestern State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with rigorous undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and the professions. Through an emphasis on teaching, augmented by the opportunity for students to engage in research and creative activities alongside faculty and to participate in co-curricular and service programs, Midwestern State prepares its graduates to embark upon their careers or pursue advanced study.
The university’s undergraduate education is based upon a comprehensive arts and sciences core curriculum. The understanding that students gain of themselves, others, and the social and natural world prepare them to contribute constructively to society through their work and through their private lives.
Is Midwestern State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Midwestern State University is 71%. For every 100 applicants, 71 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Midwestern State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Midwestern State University a good school?
Midwestern State University is a good school that believes in rigorous teaching, and giving students the opportunities to engage in research and creative activities alongside faculty and to participate in co-curricular and service programs.
What is Midwestern State University known for?
Midwestern State University is the only university in Texas to become a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC). Midwestern State University is known to be committed to providing students with rigorous undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professions.
Is Midwestern State University a party school?
No. Midwestern State University is not a party school.
The followings are popular majors at Midwestern State University:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Radio and television
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Mechanical engineering
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Exercise physiology
- Marketing/marketing management
- Mass communication/media studies
- Management information systems
- Computer and information sciences
- Athletic training/trainer
- Parks, recreation, and leisure studies
- Geology/earth science
- English language and literature
- Fine/studio arts
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Social work
- Spanish language and literature
- Political science and government
- Business/managerial economics
- International/global studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Special education and teaching
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- English/language arts teacher education
- Mathematics teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education