Missouri University of Science and Technology majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) is a world-class technological research university. Founded in 1870 as one of the first technological schools west of the Mississippi, Missouri S&T offers a broad array of degrees in engineering, the sciences, business, information technology, the humanities, liberal arts, and education — all in an environment that emphasizes technological literacy.
Is Missouri University of Science and Technology hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the Missouri University of Science and Technology is 81%. For every 100 applicants, 81 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Missouri University of Science and Technology’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the Missouri University of Science and Technology a good school?
Yes, the Missouri University of Science and Technology is a good school that cultivates the curiosity, creativity, and confidence of students. They are the institution of choice for partners around the world seeking a highly qualified, talented, and entrepreneurial workforce; innovative research; relevant educational programs, products, and services; and technology and ideas to solve the great challenges of our time.
What is the Missouri University of Science and Technology known for?
Missouri University of Science and Technology is known for its engineering programs and much more, they are innovators. Missouri University of Science and Technology is known for its creative spark, innovative and entrepreneurial approaches, and curiosity to discover and explore new solutions to the world’s great challenges.
The followings are popular majors at the Missouri University of Science and Technology:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Computer and information sciences
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Engineering/industrial management
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Computer engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Information science/studies
- Ceramic sciences and engineering
- Geological and earth sciences/geosciences
- Petroleum engineering
- Business, management, marketing, and related support services
- Architectural engineering
- Nuclear engineering
- Metallurgical engineering
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Applied mathematics
- Geological/geophysical engineering
- Mining and mineral engineering
- English language and literature
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies