University of Dubuque majors and acceptance rate
Located in the midwest region of the united state, the University of Dubuque is a private, coed university founded in 1852. The 77-acre campus sits near the scenic bluffs along the mighty Mississippi in a dynamic river town that’s grown into a center of business and culture.
Here, the value of an education is measured in helping students find their calling in life through academics, community, character, vocation, and stewardship. Their approach to learning is based on professional programs with a liberal arts core, and they prepare students to find their purpose and make meaningful contributions to the world.
Is the University of Dubuque hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Dubuque is 79%. For every 100 applicants, 79 are admitted. This means the school is not hard to get into. If you meet the University of Dubuque’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other components of the application, you have a great shot at getting accepted.
Is University of Dubuque a good school?
Yes. The University of Dubuque is a good school helping students find their calling in life through academics, community, character, vocation, and stewardship. Their approach to learning is based on professional programs with a liberal arts core, and we prepare students to find their purpose and make meaningful contributions to the world.
What is University of Dubuque known for?
The University of Dubuque is known for its value-laden education that focuses on justice, ethics, and responsible stewardship within a globally diverse community. The school is guided by a basic set of principles and standards regarding personal and community behavior. The University of Dubuque is known for practicing its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
The followings are popular majors at the University of Dubuque:
- Business administration and management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Airline/commercial/professional pilot and flight crew
- Computer and information sciences
- Aviation/airway management and operations
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer graphics
- Biology/biological sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Data processing and data processing technology/technician
- Health/medical preparatory programs
- English language and literature
- Environmental science
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Health teacher education
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Visual and performing arts
- Health/health care administration/management
- Environmental studies
- Mathematics teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Biology teacher education
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Christian studies
- Theological and ministerial studies