The page contains University of Ilorin (unilorin) cut off mark and Admission Requirements for 2024 sessions
If you’re yet to write JAMB and you are here looking for JAMB cut off marks for Unilorin, that is a bad way to failure….. I personally will not recommend that you read this page. But if you’re seeking for admission requirements that’s nice. You can read on how to pass JAMB here
Checking cut-off Unilorin before you write JAMB will limit your mindset towards aiming high. Assuming Unilorin cut off mark is 180, your mind will juggle to score above 180. But If you don’t have that mindset of checking UI cut-off, your mind will aim higher because you really don’t know what you are up against.
This page is for those who have written JAMB and have seen their scores. Now, they want to know if their JAMB score meet the cut-off mark of Unilorin
The second category of people who should visit this page is those who want to know the admission requirements that is how to gain admission into Unilorin and the required documents for admission.
These are the requirements to gain admission University of Ilorin (unilorin).
- You must satisfy the general University as well as specific Faculty requirements. For the general requirement, you must have at least a credit pass in five subjects at S.S.C.E. O’Level or approved equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- For Direct Entry, you must one of the following qualifications: A minimum of two passes at the Principal or Advanced Level. In addition, candidates must also obtain at least a credit pass in five subjects at S.S.C.E. or approved equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- A minimum of two passes in recognized NCE subjects. Education is accepted as a second ‘A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education. In addition, candidates must also obtain at least a credit pass in five subjects at S.S.C.E. or approved equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
Candidates who successfully pass the final examination of the following Institutions shall also be considered eligible for admission: The International Baccalaureate obtained from an accredited Institution with relevant gradings; the University of Ilorin Diploma, National Diploma from Monotechnics/Polytechnics or Colleges of Technology, not below Upper Credit,and applicable only to some faculties and the Defence Academy Certificate as moderated by a recognized University.
In addition, candidates must also obtain at least a credit pass in five subjects at S.S.C.E. or approved equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
Other conditions to note:
- No subject may be counted at both O’ and A’ Levels.
- General Paper at H.S.C. or in any other examination will not be accepted as a substitute for English language.
- A credit pass in English Language and Mathematics of the IJMB at the O’ Level is acceptable as equivalent to SSCE/GCE O’ Level for admission purpose.
What is Unilorin cut-off mark 2024
Permit me to quickly explain what cut off mark is and why universities in Nigeria use it as a yardstick for admission.
Cut off mark is a simple English word which means a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated. Unilorin UTME Cut off mark is the required score from you by the university in order to gain admission to study your desired score. Those who sit for JAMB are called UTME candidates. This simple means JAMB is not the only way for you to gain admission into Unilorin
While JAMB has the power to set cut off marks for universities, though some schools may have an understanding with JAMB to increase or decrease their cut off marks due to personal school policy. Mind you, Post UTME score is not the same with JAMB UTME score. You may pass JAMB and fail POST UTME.
Unilorin JAMB UTME cut off mark varies and may change depending on school policy. This cut off is only applicable to some departmental courses in Unilorin as some may require you to score above. Most often, competitive courses are usually the ones with higher JAMB cut off marks in other to reduce the entrance and overcrowding while the non-competitive courses follow the default cut off mark.