Last updated on March 23, 2021 by The Counselor
Essential Tips, pros and cons and how much money you can make from blogging
A blog is primarily a journal that is accessible on the web. It is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers give their opinions on an individual subject. As the Internet is becoming more necessary and an elemental part of our lives, blogging is also growing more popular.
Blogs have become the contemporary way to express and share ideas or information. If you are a blogger, you can work anytime you want. The independence one can get from blogging and frequently working from home is just everything. Earning money with a blog – whether it is a business blog or a hobby blog – is possible. It is not a get rich fast ordeal, but if you do it sincerely, you could make plenty to raise your family and more.
Valuable for: People who have a great writer and thinker inside them. This way they have a platform to share their views. Anyone who likes to write (or is willing to outsource writing tasks), understands how to make engaging content, and has the basic ability to set up a blog.
Expertise needed: Being able to effectively manage the time to write blogs on a daily basis. You’ll also need to be willing to research SEO requirements (or, again, hire someone who already knows them).
Time Duration for Starting a Blog:
It takes a few hours to create a blog but creating a flourishing blog is hard. There’s a lot more to it than just creating a blog and writing your first post. Stay consistent.
Essential Tips on how to make money blogging
- To make money blogging, you must blog about something you appreciate. If you aren’t passionate about your subject, writing about it will be drudgery. Who desires that? Also, why would readers be impressed if you aren’t?
- To make money blogging, you must pick a niche in which you can set yourself as an authority. You apparently won’t be the first person to blog about the subject you prefer. Don’t fuss about this, come up with an individual angle. Always try to restrict your blog to a specific area. Keep your blog particular to one domain only.
- Choose a flexible blogging platform. There are many blogging platforms to select from. Blogger, WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, and Wix are a few.
- There is a chance to connect straight with the people who are reading your work. Not all comments require a response but be sure to give a reply to the ones that are necessary. And sometimes it’s worth just popping on and posting “Thanks for viewing and reading my blog.”
- To make money blogging demands plenty of hard work and needs a long time to expand your audience. It is somewhat frustrating if you publish your first post and nobody reads it, but you must undergo these inconvenient moments. Do not expect the results instantly.
- Pro bloggers and Content marketers are frequently confronted with an argument ‘Quality vs. Quantity‘. Quantity matters to improve and sustain your traffic, but you should still concentrate on quality over quantity. If your audience gets to benefit from the knowledge in your articles, they will engage and become your constant readers.
- Never talk negative or bash other brands on your blog. It looks very unprofessional.
- To make money blogging, you must link to other websites or blogs that hold great information or links to previous posts on your own site, do it whenever you can. This will help not only boost your clicks but also help with your blog’s search engine rankings.
- Understand Keywords, bounce rate and search engine optimizations
- Ability to earn money by writing about subjects you’re passionate about
- Work from anywhere
- Little to no start-up costs (cost of domain name and a website template)
- Multiple ways to earn income, from advertising to endorsements
- Building a following and SEO takes time
- You’ll need to post consistently at first to gain higher SEO rankings
How much money will I make from a blog?
One of the most common ways to make money is through putting ads on the blog. Each time a user clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click. Perhaps the most familiar network for placing these sorts of ads is Google AdSense. Affiliate marketing is also another excellent tool for monetizing your blog.
A recent survey found that bloggers can typically earn between $200 and $2,500 a month by monetizing their blogs. Some big-name bloggers earn as much as $20,000 per month. Obviously, how much traffic you generate and the quality of your blog is what matters. You’ll need to put in lots of initial work to get your blog going and build up your SEO, but the more consistently you upload quality content, the greater the chance your blog will have of obtaining success.