Last Updated on
University of Ibadan Postgraduate school (uipgschool) requirement
When the best universities of Nigeria are mentioned, the University of Ibadan is among those universities that will take the lead chair. The University of Ibadan over the years has been highly ranked in Nigeria, in Africa and in the world and when it comes to UIpgschool output, Ibadan is ranked No 1 in Nigeria.
The University of Ibadan was founded in 1948 as a College of London University, became an autonomous, degree-granting institution in 1962. Today, the University has a total enrolment of about 20,000 students shared among the following faculties: Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Public Health, Pharmacy, Agriculture and Forestry, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Technology, Law as well as an Institute of African Studies, Institute of Education, Institute of Peace and Strategic Studies, Africa Regional Centre for Information Science, Institute of Advanced Medical Research and Training and the Centre for Literacy Training and Development in Africa.
University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool) is one of the most sought-after Postgraduate school in Nigeria due to many factors for example; the University of Ibadan Postgraduate (uipgschool) College Scholarship Scheme and the University of Ibadan Postgraduate College Teaching and Research Assistantship Scheme.
The University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool) is also known for not discriminating on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, or physically challenged in the admission of students to all rights, privileges, programmes and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the administration of its educational policies and scholarship facilities.
Applications are considered on a competitive basis by the Faculty Admissions Committee which evaluates all available information and selects the best-qualified applicants from those whose credentials meet the standards for admission
University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool) General Admission Requirement
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate College on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or PhD degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the PhD degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the M.Phil/PhD programme pending an assessment Such an assessment shall be made by a panel set up by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on the recommendation of the student’s department and shall take place not later than the end of the first semester of registration.
Types of Admission in University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool)
Full-Time Admission into uipgschool:
Full-time admission can be offered only to candidates who satisfy the uipgschool that they are not in employment, or that they have been released by their employers to undertake full-time studies. Candidates found to have made a false declaration in this regard shall be asked to withdraw from the uipgschool.
Part-Time Admission into uipgschool:
Candidates may be admitted to part-time registration if they are part of the academic staff of the University of Ibadan or can satisfy the Postgraduate College (uipgschool) that facilities for their work as part-time students are adequate. Candidates applying for part-time registration may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
Admission as Occasional Students into uipgschool:
Candidates who satisfy the minimum entry requirements for a higher degree programme and are recommended by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee may be admitted as occasional students but shall not be awarded a degree of the University of Ibadan. This type of admission is also open to candidates registered for higher degrees of other Universities, recognized by Senate.
Required Document for Admission into the University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool)
- Letters of Recommendation: University of Ibadan Postgraduate School (uipgschool) requires three e-letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work.
- Transcripts/Certificates: Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Deputy Registrar/Admission Officer Postgraduate College. If the Registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference. To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
Download uipgschool courses uipgschool (19 downloads)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 31 List Postgraduate Diploma Courses Offered in UNILAG
- 70 List of Postgraduate Courses Offered by UNIZIK
- List of Postgraduate Courses Offered by FUTMINNA
- UNILAG 2018/2019 Postgraduate Application Form Sale
- Over 200 University of Abuja Masters / Postgraduate Courses
- List of Polytechnics in Edo State
- 93 Universities Offering Post Graduate Diploma in Nigeria
- 100 List of University of Uyo Postgraduate School Courses
- 279 List of University of Lagos (UNILAG) Postgraduate Courses
- Lagos State University Part Time Studies Courses