Is Fashion Merchandising a good major?
Yes, Fashion Merchandising is a good major for those who are passionate about fashion and business. If you major in fashion merchandising, you’ll learn how fashion makes its way from the runway into the hands of customers across the globe. You will study how fashion and retail professionals meet customer needs through market research, promotion, production, and distribution. Further, you’ll learn about buying and product development.
Is Fashion Merchandising a hard major?
No. Fashion Merchandising is not a hard major. However, Students who major in fashion merchandising will need to be creative thinkers with practical business sense to succeed. You’ll study apparel design, visual display, social media, branding, retailing, marketing, management, and much more.
Fashion Merchandising major salary
Fashion Merchandising is a good major in the United States with a limited number of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any Fashion Merchandising job. Your salary also depends on if you’re working in the private or public sector. The national average salary for a Fashion Merchandising major in the U.S. is $51,801
Some classes Fashion Merchandising majors may likely take:
- Fashion Product and Brand Management
- Trend Analysis and Forecasting
- Product Development
- Fashion Promotion and Visual Merchandising
- Retail Buying and Planning
- Product development
- Apparel and surface design processes
- Computer-aided design
- Apparel line development
- Digital presentations and portfolio
What other majors are related to Fashion Merchandising?
- Fashion and Fabric Consultant
- Fashion/Apparel Design
- Fiber, Textile and Weaving Arts
- Textile Science
- Apparel and Accessories Marketing Operations
- Apparel and Textile Manufacture
- Apparel and Textile Marketing Management
- Apparel and Textiles
|Estimated number of student
|Colleges with Fashion Merchandising Majors
|34+ hereSee schools