Alverno College majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Alverno College is a four-year, liberal art, independent, Catholic college for women, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Chartered in 1887 by the School Sisters of St. Francis, the college offers weekday and alternative weekend undergraduate programs for women, and graduate programs for women and men.
Is Alverno College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Alverno College is 78%. For every 100 applicants, 78 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; and not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Alverno College’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Alverno College a good school?
Yes, Alverno College is a good school because it does not only focus on education but also on life. Even though you’re pursuing an academic degree, Alverno teaches in such a way that it’s about your pursuit of life and how these skills are going to help you in life.
Does Alverno College accept men?
Alverno College prepares women for lives of personal and professional distinction and meaningful engagement with the world. Alverno extends this mission by offering graduate and adult programs to women and men. Inspired by its Catholic, Franciscan, and liberal arts heritage, the College intentionally creates an inclusive community that engages students in active and collaborative learning and fosters academic excellence.
What is Alverno College known for?
Alverno College’s nationally renowned institution is heralded as an innovative leader in pedagogy and has received international acclaim as a pioneer in developing a measurable, outcome-focused curriculum in which the individual student can grow as a learner.
The followings are popular majors at Alverno College:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Elementary education and teaching
- Business administration and management
- General studies
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Secondary education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- International relations and affairs
- Art therapy/therapist
- Art/art studies
- Health teacher education
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Biomedical sciences
- Design and applied arts
- Business administration, management and operations
- Environmental science
- English/language arts teacher education
- Mathematics teacher education
- Social studies teacher education
- English language and literature
- Music therapy/therapist
- International business/trade/commerce
- Communication and media studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Art teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Spanish language and literature
- Molecular biology