Last Updated on
We are no longer safe in the school
A student of the Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH), Cross River State, was shot dead on Thursday afternoon by suspected cultists, the police spokesperson in the state, Irene Ugbo. butchered
The victim, identified as a final year student in the faculty of education, was said to have been shot around 3 p.m. near the students’ union building on campus.
The police attributed the killing to the rivalry between two cult groups in the university.
No arrest has been made yet, police said.
Some local newspapers have published gory photos of the slain student in a pool of blood.
Paradise Newspaper confirmed that the student was savagely cut “beyond recognition” after he was shot dead by his attackers.
The paper, quoting some witnesses, said some students at first mistook the sound from the gunshots to be from fireworks because of a carnival that was set to commence on campus.
The students scampered for safety when they realised it was a cult attack. The school security officials later drove to the scene of the incident, after the attackers had already fled.
“The security agencies should do something. The school management and the government should put tight security measures to safeguard us. It’s becoming worse as each day passes by,” the student said.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- AAUA Students Panic: We are no longer safe from robbery
- Multiple Gunshots: Boko Haram did not attack UNIMAID
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- Graduate Arrested For Stealing One-Month Old Baby
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- Teacher arrested for allegedly raping JSS1 student in Benue
- Monday flood sweeps away polytechnic graduate in Asaba
- Student kidnab sister because he needed money to study
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.