Last Updated on
Lagos State University (LASU) has invited interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into programmes in its Centre for Afro-Brazilian studies (LASUCAS).
The Registrar/Secretary to Council, LASU, Mr. AMUNI, Mohammed Olayinka, announced the invitation in a statement Thursday, saying the Government of Brazil gives scholarship in every discipline to hundreds of Nigerian students in every academic session.
According to Olayinka, for any student to enjoy the scholarship tenable in Brazil, he/she must pass an Examination called “CELPE-Bras”, which is a certificate of proficiency in Portuguese for foreigners.
He added that the CELPE-BRAS is similar to the English TOEFL or the French DELF, since Portuguese is the language of instruction in Brazil, and that the examination is conducted twice every year–October and April.
The programme, he further explained, is therefore to train candidates for both the undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship.
According to the statement, candidates applying for undergraduate scholarship are required to be between the ages of 18 and 23, and must have obtained at least five credit passes in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination.
Also, for postgraduate scholarship programme, candidates must have graduated with at least a 2nd Class lower.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 226 Yobe students get foreign scholarship
- Bayero University expels 63 students over exam misconduct
- 12 graduates receive N216 million to pursue Master’s degree
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- Teacher arrested for allegedly raping JSS1 student in Benue
- Embassy: Over 13,000 Nigerians studying in the US every year
- 26-year-old NYSC member to become youngest commissioner
- DELSU 2019/2020 admission list is out
- UNIZIK Warning: Upload your O’ level results online or lose admission
- Depression: UNN Microbiology student attempts suicide.