Last Updated on
The 20-year-old 300-level student at Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti (Department of Biology Education) allegedly had a rift with her boyfriend over his inability to give her N2,500 to make her hair. Bukola Odeyemi allegedly stabbed her 22-year-old lover and fellow student, John Iju.
The stabbing reportedly resulted in Iju’s death.
According to the sources, the duo had a loud argument over the matter before Ms Odeyemi picked up a knife and allegedly stabbed Iju in the chest.
A source said, “The refusal of the boyfriend to meet her demand resulted in hot argument, which angered the lady and they started fighting.
“During the fight, the deceased was said to have had an upper hand and the lady saw a sharp knife on the tray and immediately picked it and stabbed the boy in the chest.
“The boy, who did not survive the deep cut, fell on the floor, with blood oozing out.
“The people around there cried for help, but Iju died on the spot.”
The deceased’s friends were said to have rushed to the Police station at Iworoko to report the case.They said it was the boy’s shout for help that attracted them to the scene.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Ekiti State, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu, said, “It is confirmed. The suspect has been arrested.”
Ikechukwu, who said the Police had begun investigation into the matter, said the suspect would be charged to court on conclusion of investigation.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Graduate Arrested For Stealing One-Month Old Baby
- Teacher arrested for allegedly raping JSS1 student in Benue
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.
- Depression: UNN Microbiology student attempts suicide.
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- 108 IBB University students arrested for fraud and robbery
- Student kidnab sister because he needed money to study
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades