Last Updated on
National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) management in Delta state has rewarded a serving corps member, Mr. Noble Chidera Akanwa for returning exotic android phone worth N500,000.00
The NYSC rewarded Mr. Akanwa with one month allowance (bonus) of N19,800.00 and a letter of commendation.
At the closing ceremony of the orientation course at the NYSC Camp in Issele-Uku, Aniocha North Local Government Area, state coordinator of the scheme, Mr. Omotade Ayodele commended the Computer Science graduate of Imo State University, and urged other youths to emulate him.
Akanwa was presented the commendation letter on behalf of the NYSC, by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa who was represented by Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof. Patrick Muoboghare.
The corps member who hails from Mbeiri in Mbaitolu Local Government Area of Imo State, saw the phone, while walking alone to his hostel after viewing an English Premiership match, and decided to return it to the management of the NYSC in the State.
He is one of the corps members deployed to the state for the 2019 Batch ‘B’ (Stream II) service year.
Mr. Ayodele charged corps members to “remain focused and undaunted” in their resolve to contribute to the service and development of the country.
The governor, in his remarks, stated that Akanwa displayed the patriotic spirit of a true Nigerian by returning the phone, and urged others to take a cue from him.
He said the state government will continue to track his (Akanwa’s) activities in the state during the service year with a view to rewarding him in due course.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 26-year-old NYSC member to become youngest commissioner
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- Mathematics teacher sends nude pictures to 14-year-old student
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.
- Snakes take over Auchi Poly Girl’s Hostel
- AAUA Students Panic: We are no longer safe from robbery
- Multiple Gunshots: Boko Haram did not attack UNIMAID
- 226 Yobe students get foreign scholarship
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- University of Ibadan (UI) released cut-off marks for 2019/2020