Last updated on May 8, 2021 by The Counselor
There are so many things we take for granted; we do that a lot. Sometimes we tend to give the excuse of been forgetful but in reality, that excuse is not a good enough excuse for not being thankful. It is often easier to be thankful for big and colourful things and forget to be thankful for small things. it’s the ordinary things that make life extraordinary.
Whether small or big, it’s important to take time out and remember all of the things to be thankful for even we can’t remember all, we should make it an everyday habit to be thankful. Need a little help recalling unique things to be thankful for every day? We’ve got you covered.
Feel free to add on in the comments box below. I would love to read them.
List of things to be thankful for
- Thank God: In all things give thanks to God. When you are thinking about what to be thankful for, Think about God first. Your life belongs to God and he can take it at will and since you are still alive and reading this right now, it is a privilege that should not be taken for granted.
- Good Health: One good reason to be thankful is Good health. As the popular saying goes “Health is wealth”. There are many people who wish they could die because of their unbearable health status. So even if your health isn’t great, it could be worse and you likely still have some working parts to be thankful for.
- Money to spend: What to be thankful for? be thankful that you have money to spend. You don’t have to be a billionaire to give thanks. Having money to spend when the need arises is a good reason to be thankful. Having just a few coins makes you richer than most people on Earth.
- Freedom of Religion: There are countries where you cannot worship the living God. If you live in a country that allows you to worship not only in your room but also in public places, then that is something to be thankful for. Being able to worship the true living God without prejudice is something many people don’t ever experience.
- Your Parents: What to be thankful for? It’s obvious, even if they’re dysfunctional, they gave you life. You should thankful they raised you to an extent where you still alive and can now make your own decision.
- Learning from Mistakes. There are no mistakes, save one: the failure to learn from a mistake. >> Robert Fripp. Be thankful that you are learning because in the process of learning you make mistakes. The greatest eye-opener in the world of learning is a mistake.
- Having a Home: Oh! Be Thankful that you have a roof over your head. Nobody wants to sleeps outside even if it is not raining, snowy or sunny. The cosiness of a room albeit the bed is resonating. Whether you live in an apartment, a mansion, or a tent, having a place to call home is something to be thankful for.
- An Ability to Read: What to be thankful for? Be thankful that you can read and write. If you’re reading this right now, you have a lot to be thankful for. It is almost impossible to live well in a society without the ability to read.
- Eyesight: The eyes are the light of the body, the window to the soul. If you can open your eyes in the morning after sleeping like a log of wood at night, that is a good reason to be thankful. A blind eye only sees darkness. Life was created with beauty for the eyes to behold. Thank God you are not blind.
- Safety and Security: If you live throughout a week without the sound of a gunshot you should be thankful. Many people live in fear. Immense fear has denied them the happiness of existence.
- Been Mobile: Be thankful that you are not confined to a place. If you can walk at will, ride a bicycle, motorbike or drive a car, you should be thankful.
- Clean Water: Do you have access to clean water? Oh! be thankful. Some people on earth walk many miles to get water to drink. If you can use water to bathe, drink and water the flowers, you should be thankful.
- You Have Good to Eat: Being grateful for God’s provision allows you to be grateful and happy with what you already have and not wanting more or what other people have.
- Waking up Today: Many slept and died in their sleep. Simply waking up today means you have things to be thankful for.
- Employment: Whether you are self-employed or working for someone, you should be thankful. There are many people who are jobless and seeking the same employment opportunity that you have.
- Fire and Light: Without light, many things would be impossible. If you have the needed light in form of electricity or coal fire, you should be thankful.
- Modern Medicine: While we believe in divine healing, we should not neglect the place of herbs and modern medicine without which many of us wouldn’t be alive.
Feel free to add on in the comments box below. I would love to read them.Follow Fatherprada on Facebook for Guides