Words are important. One simple compliment can change everything. The page is not meant for spouses only, far from it. Complimenting goes way beyond your spouse. You can compliment your mother, father, wife, brother, husband, best friends and even strangers.
Compliments seem to get lost, but everyone needs a good sincere, timely compliment here and there. Just be sure you give the right compliment in the right way; short and polite, so you don’t send the wrong message.
From experience and observation, women are very cautious when complimenting a guy because they didn’t want to be “too forward” or attract “unwanted attention. Some guys (strangers or even your male friend) may think:
- You are a crazy girl
- You are hitting on them
It is normal for guys to think that way. If you give compliments to 50 guys, chances are only 5% will know how to respond positively. Men aren’t wired to receive a compliment. They are more likely to interpret or misinterpret female compliments as seductive or flirtatious. Notwithstanding, men want to feel like men. The best compliments to give a guy are those that make him feel more masculine.
Types Of Compliments That Guys Love
- Body and appearance-specific compliments
- Compliments to acknowledge his presence
- Compliments that acknowledge his efforts
- Compliments that show that you respect him
- Compliments that show that you trust him and his ability to lead
- Compliments that appreciate his intellect.
- Compliments for his character and personality
35 Compliments To Give A Guy
It’s always good to search out other ideas and not get stuck in a rut of saying the same things over and over until they become more of a habit than a genuine compliment. The following are all great suggestions of compliments to give a guy.
- I believe in you.
- I have so much respect for you
- I love how driven you are.
- It’s amazing how hard you work
- I’m proud of you.
- You are rocking that suit
- No one is more trustworthy
- Thank you for listening to me. I really appreciate you letting me vent.
- Thanks for your time
- Wow… you weren’t kidding when you said you had been working out. Look at you!
- You always know how to make me smile.
- You’ve been in my head all day today
- You are the funniest guy I know.
- You have such a good heart
- You crack me up all the time
- You are such a nerd
- You look extra manly today. I like it.
- You look handsome when you laugh.
- You look so handsome in that suit/tie/outfit!
- You look so handsome.
- You’re an incredible
- Your smile, how do you do that?
- You’re a good man.
- Ha! Man, I really needed that laugh
- Hey, awesome shirt, man!
- That was so thoughtful
- Wow, you’re so smart
- You look bright
- You are different
- You have a great sense of style
- You handled that really well
- You look nice
- Your beard looks nice
- You really are adorable
- You mama raised you well
- Never ever compliment a guy who is sitting or standing close to a girl.