Last updated on January 11, 2021 by The Counselor
Chemical Engineering degree in Nigeria is one of the most practical courses that involve tutorials, seminars, computer practises, practical laboratory work and both individual and group work. It is a degree that requires the combinations of chemistry, physics, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, mathematics and economics, to efficiently use, produce, design, transport and transform energy and materials.
Is Chemical Engineering a good degree?
Yes, but the degree is very challenging and covers different bodies of knowledge…
Do Chemical Engineers find jobs easily in Nigeria?
Yes, they do! For the record, studying chemical engineering in Nigeria opens door opportunities in drug development, biomechanical science, sustainable energy, experimental biology, electrochemistry and Protein folding. Career Opportunities for Chemical Engineering Graduates
Benefits of Studying Chemical Engineering in Nigeria?
- Chemical Engineers have the knowledge to save the world: Chemical Engineers have the knowledge to save humanity by developing chemical products for everyday life e.g. pharmaceuticals, fuels, plastics and vehicles.
What they do
Chemical engineers focus on processes and products – Chemical engineers in Nigeria develop and design processes to create products by improving on existing product or processes or creating new ones. This means that they are also concerned with managing resources, protecting the environment and health and safety.
Core Chemical Engineering Courses
- Analytical Methods
- Atomic Spectra & Structure
- Eng. Thermodynamics
- Chemical Eng. Materials
- Chemical Engineering Thermo
- Chemical Process Technology
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Computer Applications for Chemical Engineers
- Conic Section and ApplnCalculus
- Design Project
- Differential & Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation & Transformation
- read more