Being a graduate doesn’t make you a professional. To become one in your choosing field requires years of working experience and applicable certifications. Moreover, fresh graduate stands a chance of being called a professional through a recognized and certified professional course which can boost your CV and give you an edge over other job seekers.
What is a Professional Course?
These are special courses or executive courses (part-time, full time or online) with clear learning objectives and standards, using a variety of valid learning experiences, an objective evaluation system, and which are delivered by trained and qualified personnel through professional bodies within a relevant industry.
Aside from been relevant to fresh graduate, workers can also pursue professional courses along with their job; this in return help improve skills, gain new knowledge while also help them to keep abreast with the latest development in their field.
Unlike like academic courses, professional courses do not offer credits as a basis for evaluation but rather are specifically oriented toward enhancing skills useful for their work environment. For every academic course, there is a professional course related to it. At the end of a professional course, student are usually presented with a certificate. Before I list the few ones I am aware of, let me show you why you need a professional course.
Why you should consider taking a professional course:
- Keep you abreast with the latest development in your field
- Bred quality contact and association with like-minded people.
- Boost your chances of getting a job.
- Boost your chances of getting a higher position in your job
- Improve require skills and knowledge needed to excel in a field
These are the list of popular professional courses in Nigeria
- Association of general and private medical practitioners of Nigeria certification (AGPMPN)
- Business education exams council certification
- Business schooling assessments council certificate
- Center for law and business certification
- Center for regulation and business certificate
- Certified cost engineering consultants
- Certified pension institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
- Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria certification (CIBNG)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria certification (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Chartered institute of taxation of Nigeria certification (CTIN)
- Financial risk management
- Health safety environment
- Human resources management certification (HR)
- Institute of chartered accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Institute of management technology certification
- Nigeria Institute of estate surveyors and valuer
- Oil and gas trained services limited
- Project management professionals (PMP)
- West African College of physicians’ certification