Last Updated on
In a meeting which was held virtually via the Zoom network with the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Director General of the National Youth Service Corps and staff of the Board and also in attendance are Vice-Chancellors, Rectors and Provosts of all tertiary institutions across the country, as well as members of JAMB governing board.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set 160 and above as cut off mark for 2020/21 admissions into universities across the country. The Registrar of the board, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, disclosed this during a presentation of the policy considerations at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions on 16/06/2020 Tuesday in Abuja.
Oloyede said that 160 and above have been approved as cut off mark into Polytechnics and 100 and above for both Colleges of Education and Innovation Enterprise Institutions. He explained that the decision was taken after each of the Institutions had voted and prescribed minimum cut off marks for their schools.
- No University would be allowed to admit a candidate if he or she has scored less than 160 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Also, that is not the only thing that would be taken for admission, some would do post UTME and other physical assessments and that will be added to it to determine the cut off mark.
- Nobody can admit a candidate with a score less than what the institution prescribed. That is, those who voted for 210 can maintain the figure and not 209 or anything below 210.
- All those who prescribed less than 160 for universities cannot be accepted but 160 and above and the same goes for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.
- Every institution will have what it prescribed for itself except for those who prescribed lower and have to come up above the minimum mark,” he said. Oloyede said that there would be no admissions outside the board’s Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).
According to him, any institution that violates the decisions as agreed at the policy meeting would be sanctioned.
He said that the admission process for 2020/21 would commence from August 21.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- The True Meaning of NOT ADMITTED on JAMB CAPS
- List of universities that accept 120 to 179 JAMB score
- JAMB CAPS & How to Accept and Reject Admission
- OOU CCED Application
- FUPRE Courses and Admission Requirement
- About University of Lagos (UNILAG) Diploma and Courses
- Nigeria Universities Admission Status Checker
- Does University of Ibadan Accept IJMB?
- Frequently Ask Questions on Pass/No Pass
- How to Gain Admission Easily into Nigeria Universities