McDaniel College majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, McDaniel College is a four-year, independent college of the liberal arts and sciences. Founded in 1867 as one of the first coeducational colleges in the nation and the first south of the Mason-Dixon Line, McDaniel is a diverse, student-centered community.
As one of 40 “Colleges That Change Lives,” McDaniel is committed to access and affordability. More than 90 percent of students receive some type of financial assistance and McDaniel invests over $40 million annually in grants and scholarships. Students can choose from more than 70 undergraduate programs of study, including pre-professional specializations and student-designed majors, plus over 20 graduate programs.
Is McDaniel College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at McDaniel College is 91%. For every 100 applicants, 91 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet McDaniel College’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is McDaniel College a good school?
McDaniel College is a good school with a diverse student-centered community committed to excellence in the liberal arts and sciences and professional studies. With careful mentoring and attention to the individual, McDaniel changes lives.
What is McDaniel College known for?
As one of the 40 “Colleges That Change Lives,” McDaniel College is known for being nationally recognized for its educational excellence and the transformative nature of our academic program, which is centered around the McDaniel Commitment.
Is McDaniel College a party school?
No. McDaniel College is not a party school.
The followings are popular majors at McDaniel College:
- Business administration and management
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Political science and government
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- English language and literature
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- Accounting and related services
- Environmental studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Film/cinema/video studies
- Art/art studies
- Spanish language and literature
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- German language and literature
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Near and middle eastern studies
- Religion/religious studies
- French language and literature